Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has this happened to anyone?

Old 08-21-2009, 05:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has this happened to anyone?

Was driving today in 6th gear at low rpms and stepped on it to pass someone (didn't downshift) and all of the sudden the shifter starts shaking pretty badly and it seems the car is down on power. Limped home and on the way just monitered everything. Car was stammering slightly it seemed between 2 and 3k rpms and just didnt sound right and it seemed like the car shook all over, like I could feel it in my feet. Not just the shifter shaking about.

First thing I was thinking was maybe the transmission was loose as I just had it rebuilt and put back in, but then I was thinking as I drove that maybe a coilpack went bad. I had to park it and get in another car and go because I had to go to work but now my mind is going crazy....

Any thoughts?
Old 08-21-2009, 07:05 PM
11 Second Club

ses light on???
Old 08-21-2009, 09:26 PM
Teching In

nah, its in an Rx7 so no lights were tripping. Sucky thing is having to wait till wednesday to do anything about it because I work way too much up until wednesday.

Any other thoughts? I didn't hear any weird noises or anything. Just stepped on the gas and it started shaking but rpms stayed steady.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sounds like you dropped a cyl. Could be bad coil, wire or plug. Also could be clogged fuel filter or injectors, but I'd check the spark side first.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:12 PM
Teching In

Yeah, thats what i'm hoping. Thanks for the reassurance. I could use it to be something not too expensive as I just sunk a ton of money into new ccw lipmeisters, brakes, suspension, and a rebuilt tranny all last week lol.

Search this Thread