Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ASA cam questions?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2003, 08:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ASA cam questions?

Anyone using this (110 LSA one) cam in a daily driver? How's the idle, and general driving?

With the large exhaust duration, would it be OK to run it without headers for awhile (I know I'd pick some up with headers, but that will come later).

Will it work on stock heads and valves without flycutting the pistons?
Any opinions on this cam.

One a side note, I'd like to see a reverse split cam similar to this like 230/226 with a lift of less than .550 if anyone knows of one. I think with the lower lift (.525) of this cam, valve springs wouldn't be much of an issue.
Old 02-17-2003, 09:18 PM
TECH Resident

Default Re: ASA cam questions?

I think you might be ok on the daily driving if it were an M6. I know one guy who has an A4 with a stock converter who daily drives it but the idle is really choppy.

You'll be fine with stock heads and no headers, but like you said headers will only help.

No, you don't need to flycut pistons with this cam.

02 LS6 springs will be fine with this cam.
Old 02-17-2003, 10:52 PM
On The Tree

oh yeah, got an M6...forgot sig.

I also think that this would be a good cam to spray on, but I'm not a big fan of nitrous. Oh well.
Old 02-18-2003, 11:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i personaly think a cam as large and with as big of a split duration on an all motor stock cube setup like yours Derek would just plain SUCK. thre are a LOT of good grinds out there that are much smoother (notice i say smooth, but it will still be a bit lumpy) that make as much power without all the surging and stalling headaches. with a big cam like that 4.10s are a must or it will feel like crap down low. mark has had good luck with 228/224 grinds on 112 LSA, plenty of chop, plenty of power, and a bit smoother than those big *** rowdy cams. if you want to run lower lift, i assume it is b/c you dont want big money springs in there. i am going on my second full year on 918s at .574 lift and many many high rpm blasts.