Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Newest Dyno Numbers 8-22-09

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 11:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newest Dyno Numbers 8-22-09

Dyno'd the V again today with a few tweaks to the tune. Picked up 5WHP but seemed to lose some TQ. I wonder if the poly motor mounts had anything to do with anything?

**AS USUAL I ADD THE DISCLAIMER THAT THIS DYNO READS HIGH BUT A GAIN OF 5 HP ON THE SAME DYNO IS A TRUE 5HP GAIN***

399whp/382wtq:

Old 08-22-2009, 11:38 AM
On The Tree

nice numbers! how'd you like the janzer throttle body? i'm may pick one up for my '04.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Love the throttle body, instantly improved throtle response and I have no idle surging or throttle hanging.
Old 08-22-2009, 03:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

kinda off topic... but how are you liking the spary on the V? What size jets? What kind of windows/triggers are you using? Where did you mount it?

Im really really thinking of doing a 100/150 shot. Just something i can hide and pull out if its ever has to go in for warranty, Ive got 2.5 years left. So ill make a custom CAI & exhaust with some spray.

It just needs a little pep when im out crusing w/ the modded fbody / vette guys. Even though she did kick 3 of my buddies asses in their bolt on fbodies (from a roll of course). lol, I dont even have a K&N... They were pissed.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SkullV
Love the throttle body, instantly improved throtle response and I have no idle surging or throttle hanging.

Did you have to have it tuned right away or did you just bolt it on and go? Also, at what point during your mod foray did you install this?
Old 08-23-2009, 12:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by blk04V
Did you have to have it tuned right away or did you just bolt it on and go? Also, at what point during your mod foray did you install this?
The ported TB was installed last. I can't say that I got any HP from it, but it did improve throttle response. I had to do a little tuning on it but nothing major. It didn't need any major changes. It honestly would have been fine without any extra tuning, but I payed for HPtuners and I am constantly messing with the tune, so it couldnt hurt!
Old 08-23-2009, 06:55 AM
On The Tree

The ported TB was installed last. I can't say that I got any HP from it, but it did improve throttle response. I had to do a little tuning on it but nothing major. It didn't need any major changes. It honestly would have been fine without any extra tuning, but I payed for HPtuners and I am constantly messing with the tune, so it couldnt hurt!
I just checked out their website, I found a mailing address in Buffalo Grove, Il. Is this where the dyno is located? If so, I'll be in Gurnee the end of this next week so if I have a chance maybe I'll go check them out.
Old 08-23-2009, 08:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by blk04V
I just checked out their website, I found a mailing address in Buffalo Grove, Il. Is this where the dyno is located? If so, I'll be in Gurnee the end of this next week so if I have a chance maybe I'll go check them out.
Pro Dyno Tech's website is prodynotech.com and their dyno is in Thorntown, IN. If you can wait until NOV 7 for dyno time I have a dyno day set up where it'll only be $30 for 3 pulls with af.
Old 08-23-2009, 08:45 AM
On The Tree

Pro Dyno Tech's website is prodynotech.com and their dyno is in Thorntown, IN. If you can wait until NOV 7 for dyno time I have a dyno day set up where it'll only be $30 for 3 pulls with af.
maybe i'll check it out. i'll see where i'll be at for work that Saturday. I'm up by Green Bay so its a good 6hr drive for me but it could also be the "last hurrah" of the season so perhaps i could justify it. i'd like to do headers, throttle body, & maf screen delete all at the same time. i currently have a Stealth V tune that was in the car when i got it. A Volant CAI & Corsa cat-back are the only other power mods done to the car but I have no idea what she dyno's at - all i know is that the V is fun to drive and i'm already getting "used" to the current power levels.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Unfortunately Rick (stealth) locked his tunes so you will need a new pcm or a gm dealer to reflash the pcm before you can get retuned.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:53 PM
On The Tree

Unfortunately Rick (stealth) locked his tunes so you will need a new pcm or a gm dealer to reflash the pcm before you can get retuned.
Yeah, from what I understand, there is no way to get ahold of Stealth - which sucks. I know I can make a phone call on Monday, but do you have any idea if the dealer chargers for something like this? A reflash?
Old 08-23-2009, 05:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

a lot of the time the dealer will charge the rest of your power train warranty! It wouldn't hurt to ask though, or you can send your PCM to Frost on this forum and from what I understand he can take care of the lock.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:49 PM
On The Tree

i don't have anymore warranty to worry about - i've heard good things about W4M tunes as well - perhaps if i send in mine we can unlock it.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, Jesse has been huge in the V community for a little while now.
Old 08-30-2009, 03:52 AM
Teching In

Yeah, Jesse has been huge in the V community for a little while now.
What kind of tunning did you do for the spray? Also are you running your ecu in closed loop and letting the ecu sort everything out?
Old 08-30-2009, 05:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by trdtuner7
What kind of tunning did you do for the spray? Also are you running your ecu in closed loop and letting the ecu sort everything out?
The PCM is running in closed loop. I am using a timing tuner with an IAT tricker that tells the PCM that the IAT is 158*+ when the spray is activated. That means I just pull -6 timing from the 158*+IAT column in the IAT table and then I'm good to go!

Quick Reply: Newest Dyno Numbers 8-22-09