Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Looks like its gone!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 01:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looks like its gone!

So I put my car up for sale. Someone came and looked at it. Now they are gonna buy it. Picking it up Tuesday. DAMN IT!! Now I have sellers remorse. I am gonna miss her. I keep hoping this guy bails and doesnt buy it.

Oh well. So to put it into perspective, my wife and I decided that if we sell the car we could pay off all our bills and start saving-----wait for it---------to buy a ZO6 or a Vert C6 or something in the $25000 to $30000 range. It is a 3 year plan so I will be without a car for about that long. Well kinda, I have about $3500 to spend on another car to get me by. BUT, not to worry, I still have more GM products in my stable than most people have ever owned in their lives.

I have some ideas to spend my $3500. I am thinking of a cheap Vette, nice either 2nd or 3rd gen Camaro, a short cab short bed V8 Chevy mid 90s pickup, a Jeep CJ or Wrangler(this is the family's preferance), or ?????? Any suggestions?? Anybody got anything interesting for sale??

I am sad, but happy at the same time. It has been a long time since my wife and I have agreed on anything car related.
Old 08-22-2009, 01:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

WOW, you have put a ton of money and time into your car, It's going to be hard to see it go away, just turn and walk away......
Old 08-22-2009, 03:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

man john im happy you made the sale but your gonna kick yourself when it drives away
Old 08-22-2009, 04:35 PM
TECH Regular

Buy an lt1 lol it should hold you over for a bit and it's easy to find one with boltons for that much or less. And the tq that comes out of those motors is so fun!
Old 08-22-2009, 11:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

I found a CJ7 with a 350 and t400, kirky seats, dana 44s out in Eustis for $2500. Seriously considering buying it. Wife and daughter want to go 4 wheeling LOL. Dont know where that came from but that sounds like fun. I am thinking bright yellow with purple flames LOL.

I hate to work on LT1s, but if one pops up cheap enough I would consider it. Saw an LT1 TA in my travels cheap, but once I stopped and looked at it , the thing was a junker, needed a tranny, opti, and paint, so not a great deal in the end.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Oh and I know its gonna be tough to see it go. I have almost called him several times to bail on the deal, but I am not that type of person. When I make a deal I follow through. BUT if he bails I am keeping it. I think. The prospect of a vert C6 or a ZO6 is tempting though.
Old 08-23-2009, 01:36 AM
Teching In

If you are interested in a 95 Silver Supercharged 383 TA, mine is for sale. My price is rediculously low too (close to the price you mentioned). Check the Classified for my ride and all the info (good and bad).
Old 08-23-2009, 07:07 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn john sad to see it go, but on the bright side if you get a vette you will love it, and you will never go back to any other sports car again.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

Your Silver TA looks like a good deal, but its about $1200 more than I want to spend and in order to keep on track I cant go over.

And I have owned several Vettes. I was getting a Vette when I purchased my Camaro this time, but the wife talked me out of it because she said we cant all fit with my daughter and her. Of course they have only been in the car once since I got it. I really want a convertible too, so unless the right Z06 comes along, I will probably get a vert.
Old 08-23-2009, 08:34 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by mnypitZ
Your Silver TA looks like a good deal, but its about $1200 more than I want to spend and in order to keep on track I cant go over.

And I have owned several Vettes. I was getting a Vette when I purchased my Camaro this time, but the wife talked me out of it because she said we cant all fit with my daughter and her. Of course they have only been in the car once since I got it. I really want a convertible too, so unless the right Z06 comes along, I will probably get a vert.
Right on, I drove my buddies C5 vert and have fallen in love all over again!LOL
You may want to give my buddy a call, JC at HnH Corvettes, they have some good deals right now on the vettes!
Old 08-23-2009, 08:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

That purchase will not be for a couple years. I have to pay off my boat, my wife's new truck and she wants a Porsche Boxter as a toy, so timeline is about 2 to 3 years. I will keep that guy in mind, I go past that place all the time. I usually find better deals on my own though. I find that those dealers try to get all the money out of their cars.

I am just looking for a fun driver right now. There is an 88 GTA claiming 412rwhp in Poinciana and a Vette with a fresh 383 that hasnt been put back together yet in Apopka and a Jeep CJ with a 350, t400, dana 44s in Eustis that I am looking at. I just want something right now that will hold me over for a few years and still be worth a little bit to get rid of in a couple years.
Old 08-23-2009, 08:53 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by mnypitZ
That purchase will not be for a couple years. I have to pay off my boat, my wife's new truck and she wants a Porsche Boxter as a toy, so timeline is about 2 to 3 years. I will keep that guy in mind, I go past that place all the time. I usually find better deals on my own though. I find that those dealers try to get all the money out of their cars.

I am just looking for a fun driver right now. There is an 88 GTA claiming 412rwhp in Poinciana and a Vette with a fresh 383 that hasnt been put back together yet in Apopka and a Jeep CJ with a 350, t400, dana 44s in Eustis that I am looking at. I just want something right now that will hold me over for a few years and still be worth a little bit to get rid of in a couple years.
True true, good luck on all that, maybe in two or three years you might be able to get a new ZR1, and those C6 Z06's and slowly tanking, might be able to get one in the 20s by then, I hope so cause I want one!!!
Old 08-23-2009, 09:33 AM
10 Second Club

Wow, incredible. What site did you have it listed on? Just wondering what site got you enough traffic that found you a buyer.
Old 08-23-2009, 12:44 PM
Sawzall and Welder Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That was a good looking car. Good luck hunting for a new one!
Old 08-23-2009, 01:01 PM
Teching In

Damn John, I hate to see you sell your car, but at this time alot of people are selling toys and such, just to stay afloat. Your Camaro is a beautiful car, and you have put alot of time, blood, sweat, tears, and a keg or 2, into it making your car, and now to see someone else with it, just wont be the same.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Bluechevyz28
Damn John, I hate to see you sell your car, but at this time alot of people are selling toys and such, just to stay afloat. Your Camaro is a beautiful car, and you have put alot of time, blood, sweat, tears, and a keg or 2, into it making your car, and now to see someone else with it, just wont be the same.
Yeah I know, but unlike a lot of others, we didnt have to sell it. I have a plan. We can survive without selling it, but by selling it we are far better off, and after a few years I will have the wife's new Trailblazer paid off, as well as my boat and all the other bills, leaving us with just a mortgage. How great would it be to not have any bills and to write my own ticket on the next car???
Old 08-23-2009, 04:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 86 IROC
Wow, incredible. What site did you have it listed on? Just wondering what site got you enough traffic that found you a buyer.
Craigslist. Only one person came to look at it. I blew everyone else off becasue I really didnt want to sell it, but the one that looked at it bought it. I wont feel bad if they dont show up though. Actually, secretely I am hoping they wont.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Watched it drive away without me last night. Hardest car sale I have ever made.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

man john that sucks you will have another toy
Old 08-26-2009, 11:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

allready looking for something to drive, hope to find something cool.

Quick Reply: Looks like its gone!