Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Alignment questions

Old 08-22-2009, 07:17 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Alignment questions

I'm doing a home alignment, I had great success with my 95 Thunderbird doing a 4 wheel alignment. That car is very adjustable and really easy to home align, almost all cam bolts.

But now I'm doing the WS6 and the only thing I wanted to adjust was the toe, it was too far out for my taste and was really twitchy on the highway and bumps. So I turned the drivers side tie rod in one turn, since that side had more toe out with the steering wheel straight. Just one turn made the toe perfect, TINY bit of total toe in, 1/32" (0.1°) or less. Drives a lot better now.

But now the steering wheel is pretty far off to the left. I underestimated how much the gear ratio would put the steering wheel off if there was a slight difference from side to side toe measurements.

And since the steering wheel was straight before, and it only takes on turn of the tie rod to get perfect total toe, I'm guessing I need to compromise a little camber or caster to get the wheel straight, unless I'm missing something.

soooo

What are the stock alignment settings for a 2001 TA WS6? I keep finding diff numbers or performance settings when I Google it.

And which adjustment is this circled (if its even there, I haven't looked hard at my car yet, pic is not my car):

Caster or Camber? (Thinking its caster but idk)

And where is the other adjustment (not toe, i know that one lol). Pics would help.

Sorry for the long winded post.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Alignment questions