Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch or Trans???

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 02:55 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clutch or Trans???

Ok, so went to G Tech a bit yesterday. Made 3 runs, first 2 runs were great (besides spinning thru 1st and 2nd).

The 3rd run would not let me into 4th gear. I noticed that my clutch pedal felt light, and my shifter would not go into any gear, felt very hard to move around. After I stopped, I was able to turn around and then drive normal and all felt fine.

I have done all the "clutch sticking remedies" (drill mod, tex clutch, new slave/master). also isolated the clutch line with a heat sleeve.

Now I am just guessing that the three runs back to back is just heating up the clutch to make this problem????

Any other ideas?????

I plan on hitting the track soon, and am only gonna make 2 runs and then cool down, and then another 2 runs and so on.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:09 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by soontobeLS1
Ok, so went to G Tech a bit yesterday. Made 3 runs, first 2 runs were great (besides spinning thru 1st and 2nd).

The 3rd run would not let me into 4th gear. I noticed that my clutch pedal felt light, and my shifter would not go into any gear, felt very hard to move around. After I stopped, I was able to turn around and then drive normal and all felt fine.

I have done all the "clutch sticking remedies" (drill mod, tex clutch, new slave/master). also isolated the clutch line with a heat sleeve.

Now I am just guessing that the three runs back to back is just heating up the clutch to make this problem????

Any other ideas?????

I plan on hitting the track soon, and am only gonna make 2 runs and then cool down, and then another 2 runs and so on.

Well, how old is teh clutch and slave/MC? How does yor fluid look? (is it black and or dirty looking)
Old 08-24-2009, 11:05 PM
Teching In

you are having a release problem, does it shift into gear fine when engine is running? if not try shifting when engine is off, that will let you know if you have a problem with release. I had a problem like that one time with mine my pilot brg in the crank shaft went out and the needles went through the clutch and slave taking out the torrington on the slave and wouldn't release right. but some things to look for bad brg. noises (growling) when pedal is depressed is probly the throwout brg./slave, noises in idle could be a knick in a gear or an input shaft brg., but always check the basics first fluid color, or low, and ensure bled free of air. good luck feel free to pm me if you have any other ?'s
Old 08-25-2009, 10:49 AM
Launching!

well, i went and made another 2 runs the next day, no probs...but i stopped there...the clutch most likely doesnt like to hot lap.

fluid is clear (slight brown tinge) and is at the appropriate level.

no noise noticed in my clutch. i will do the car off trick and let ya know