Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

TT queston

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 03:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TT queston

Ok I have been searching and searching this forum and google and so on about running solid bushings in your torque tube fro LG Motorsports. I can see that some of you are Running 1 solid and 1 rubber and a few of you are running both solid. So here is what have and and i want to see if any of you have had this problem or know of anything like this ever happening.

I have an 02 Vette with a heads and cam. The motor does not have an oil cooler in it right now but will with in a day or two. But I still have My original TT in the car but the driveshaft in it broke a while back so i took it out and had put in all the internals out of a 99 in the cause it is what i had laying around the shop. Everything fit just fine no problems i knows it's a bit smaller i diameter but oh well.

So here is where the problem lies. when i did this i put 2 solid bushing in there from LG, they are the thin bushings they have 2 different sizes for some reason. anyways i put eveything back together drove th car for 30 miles and the oil temp got to 300 degree's and burned the motor up. So up on taking the motor apart 2 thing i noticed 1 is that there was no pilot bearing in the car and i have known that no pilot bearing will will take out the number 5 main cap bearing but the bearing was fine. 2 it that among burning up the motor due to excessive heat i am assuming caused by friction because it was like the internals of the TT were to LONG i say this because the crank was being PUSHED or PULLED twards the fromt of the motor. The number 3 main cap with the thrust bearing was wiped out on the back side of the bearing was gone as if the counter weight was pushing on the bearing causing friction and heat.

I want to see if anyone else has ever had this happen by running 2 solid bushings or if something else or what.

Has any one ever put a torque tube together and the shafts in side of it come out to long that would cause it to push on the crank?