Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gear Vendors install started today on my '98 TA........

Old 08-23-2009, 06:20 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Gear Vendors install started today on my '98 TA........

Day one, got the car up, got the exhaust out, DS loop had to be cut out (gonna need a new one further back anyway because it DS has to be cut down) . Looks like the x pipe "might" clear, not sure yet. Wound up I ordered the wrong adapter, I have the longer tailshaft on the th350 and I ordered the short adapter so I have to exchange that. Full length torque arm is damn close so we'll see if it'll get by when everything gets bolted up. Tunnel has good clearance side to side but the top seems tight. It may have something to do with the trans crossmember being too high for the th350, might need a a different one, have some phone calls to make tomorrow.
If the torque arm doesn't clear I may have to go to a shorter one but then that will probably interfere with the exhaust so I'd havo to lose the x pipe.
If I have to clearance the tunnel it's just the one minor spot so won't be that bad.
All in all, lotta "if's" but she WILL fit w/o any major changes so that's a relief. GV says she will bolt in in 15 min and you know if she was stock, it just might have.
Firehawk 441 is helping me with it, otherwise I'd be lost, hehe-thanks buddy.

Last edited by tektrans; 08-23-2009 at 06:22 PM. Reason: fh
Old 08-24-2009, 11:05 AM
CARTEK Racing

I thought you were going to have some one else do it?

You said it was over your head...
Old 08-24-2009, 12:33 PM
9 Second Club

it is. Rick came over yesterday and got it started with me. I couldn't have attempted it without his help.

Search this Thread