Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

How to polish speedline wheels???? And does anyone know how these wheels came about

Old 08-23-2009, 10:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to polish speedline wheels???? And does anyone know how these wheels came about

Are Trans Am speedline wheels polished aluminum and clear coated or are they chromed, does anyone know? And what techniques or product have you guys used to polish them, mine arent real bad, just sorta dull.

Thanks

Also what determined whether a car got the 17 Ws6 Pontiac wheels or the speedline wheels when these cars were new?
Old 08-23-2009, 11:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They are high polished aluminum rims with clear coat. You will not see results after polishing them up because of this clear coat's dull look. Grab some Aircraft remover paint stripper apply it on and the clear coat will come off. Then you can polish them up with much better results. Do a search and you will find some threads and write-ups on how to do it properly. Side note: be careful spraying it off! Some splashed back into my face!
Old 08-24-2009, 11:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by amanda11270
...what determined whether a car got the 17 Ws6 Pontiac wheels or the speedline wheels when these cars were new?
My understanding was that the Speedline wheels (i.e. - those 17" by 9.5" with the wide five spokes) were Model Year 2002 issue only.

Originally Posted by 02TransAm/Batmobile
They are high polished aluminum rims with clear coat.
FYI - Mine have no clear coat; just polished aluminum. Maybe the previous owner stripped them, but I'll bet you'll see alot of these rims this weekend in Dayton OH.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:20 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did mine about a month ago. Here is a picture, not the greatest

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How to polish speedline wheels???? And does anyone know how these wheels came about