PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Long Tubes =(

Old 11-24-2003, 10:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Angry My Long Tubes =(

What should i except ? I just got through Installing PaceSetter Long Tubes and for some strange reason it doesn't feel any stronger..... I also went With true Duals at the same time( 2 1/2, X-pipe, 1chamber Flows) Do you think im geting some KR ? Or Maybe im runing like a Rich Pig . Also I've heard That Exhaust Vibration (aka- header Hitting FloorPan) Cause Faulty KR ? How could i go About fixing this Guys... Mail order Tune, Dyno Tune, Hell..... MAF ends ?
Any Addvise would be GREATLY aperciated

Thanks Steve-0
Old 11-25-2003, 01:54 AM
TECH Resident

I know that after installing my LT's the car felt stronger , I would hope that you at least noticed a difference. I bought EFIlive a month or two ago and have logged consistent WOT runs of 11.7 AFR which is rich by anyone's standards. Even with the car showing that rich of an AFR it felt a hell of a lot better than manifolds. I blame my HPPIII for my AFR just haven't checked that out yet. I would buy a logging tool to see your AFR as well as you KR to help trouble shoot what the problem is. I have no cats and LM so it is close to a non-restrictive exhaust like duals.
Old 11-25-2003, 03:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blk~2000~Z28
I know that after installing my LT's the car felt stronger , I would hope that you at least noticed a difference. I bought EFIlive a month or two ago and have logged consistent WOT runs of 11.7 AFR which is rich by anyone's standards. Even with the car showing that rich of an AFR it felt a hell of a lot better than manifolds. I blame my HPPIII for my AFR just haven't checked that out yet. I would buy a logging tool to see your AFR as well as you KR to help trouble shoot what the problem is. I have no cats and LM so it is close to a non-restrictive exhaust like duals.
Thanks for the Reply... I mean i noticed alittle difference... I know, Unlike before if im in 2nd gear taching about 3grand at 35 I can Boil the Tires off =0. So basically all i've noticed is mid Range..

Any one else ? =) TTT

Steve-0
Old 11-25-2003, 06:03 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You need to get it tuned; headers make the car run rich at full throttle (WOT.)
Old 11-25-2003, 08:29 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree with CAL.You need to make sure atleast that the A/F is in check.Most longtubes make the car run pig rich.
Old 11-26-2003, 06:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You may not "feel" a difference. The rumor is, you lose torque down low in a lot of cases, but gain it up high. My car feels weaker than before because I was used to all that low end torque I used to have before I took the cats off. I dynoed 20 hp more tho. I hope when someone says "monitored my A/F with EFILive" they're talking about using a formula and not talkin about commanded A/F. I'll stop babbling now...
Old 11-26-2003, 10:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WS6 GreeN
You may not "feel" a difference. The rumor is, you lose torque down low in a lot of cases, but gain it up high. My car feels weaker than before because I was used to all that low end torque I used to have before I took the cats off. I dynoed 20 hp more tho. I hope when someone says "monitored my A/F with EFILive" they're talking about using a formula and not talkin about commanded A/F. I'll stop babbling now...

lol that's what i keep hearing... but to tell you the Truth, I think i've gained Low end along with Mid Range to... Where the Top end HP i keep hearing about ?

Thanks Steve-0
Old 11-26-2003, 11:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think a lot has to do with what exhaust you're runnin'
Old 11-27-2003, 12:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so when tuning with headers ( i have some on the way ) do i still look at the fuel trims on the predator and o2 numbers, until i get on the dyno, and just tune it normally? and make sure the pipe wont bang...
Old 11-27-2003, 10:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Correct. Get good logging numbers before tuning though. Everyone says headers make you run really rich. I didnt notice much of a change myself though. i guess it all depends.
Old 11-30-2003, 11:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

K, News Flash. I found out exactly Why my car is Running like crap. My Driver side header is hitting the Floorpan, And maybe the K frame but im not sure. I guess that it's Cause False Knock retard(damn Senstive Sensors) Is there Any Way to Get rid of this... I Bent the Floorpan up alittle... Still hits when im geting on it =(

I need some Help plz =(

Thanks Steve-0
Old 11-30-2003, 12:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

u need to get under the car and see if its close to the kmember and grind it down if it is. u have poly motor mounts?
Old 11-30-2003, 12:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WS6FirebirdTA00
u need to get under the car and see if its close to the kmember and grind it down if it is. u have poly motor mounts?
O yea, 2 Steps ahead of yea.... I've grinded the K frame Down as much as possible(there proable a 1/4 - 1/2 Gap Inbetween the Header tube and the K frame now) That's the Best i could do. It only bangs when i take off Really hard or if i'm WOT. No i don't have Poly Mounts... Trans and Motor both Rubber, Trans mount is only 6months old and Motors are Stock 60k miles.
Old 11-30-2003, 12:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

ok um, from what i understand if u have that kinda clearance then its prob your motor mounts moving too much. im about to put headers on my car with poly motor mounts and i have 42k on my car and it moves enough to where if ther eis a close fit with headers it would hit...thats about the only thing i can think of that you can do maybe someone else has ideas
Old 12-02-2003, 12:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Aperciate the Help WS6Firebird =)
Old 12-02-2003, 12:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I think im just going to use some Torque straps =) That should keep it from moving lol =)
Old 12-02-2003, 12:45 AM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JetBlack98Z
I found out exactly Why my car is Running like crap. My Driver side header is hitting the Floorpan, Is there Any Way to Get rid of this... I Bent the Floorpan up alittle... Still hits when im geting on it =(

I need some Help plz =(

Thanks Steve-0
I cut the floorpan reinforcement out making a path for the Y pipe. Then on top of the floor pan, I MIG welded in a U-channel reinforcement. It's hidden under the carpet in front of the drivers seat. No banging at all, and this is with QTP headers.
Old 12-02-2003, 11:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cal
I cut the floorpan reinforcement out making a path for the Y pipe. Then on top of the floor pan, I MIG welded in a U-channel reinforcement. It's hidden under the carpet in front of the drivers seat. No banging at all, and this is with QTP headers.
SOunds like a Very Good Idea Cal... But i have True Duals... Donno.. Im going to try the Straps and see what happens =)
Old 12-03-2003, 06:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

i was starting on my motor mounts and then i was pulling the boltout of the center that rubber pos was moving so bad, im glad i decided to get new ones, these dont look like they would do much for me

Search this Thread