General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Power Delay( Inside car )

Old 08-24-2009, 07:42 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Power Delay( Inside car )

OK , so when you turn off your car , the power stays on for 10 min ( radio windows ) , or shuts off when you open your door. So ..I pull into W grns and shut the car off .....I go to roll up the window .. no power ...radiois off..I turn the ignition back on to get the window up. I get home ...everything works normal.. two day later ,I pull into work ..turn the car off .. no radio..no power to the window ... Pull up @ home works normal.... I must have shut it off 15 times & it continued to work normal..

So has anyone had this happen ? How does the power stay on ?

Any Ideas?

Thx
Rik
Old 08-27-2009, 11:02 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sounds like a short or lose wire somewhere .. I would start with the battery and make sure the connections are nice and tight. Maybe you can go to Auto Zone or somewhere so they can run a scan?
Old 08-27-2009, 04:25 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I may have a short on the door striker. When I'm at the track at night every so often the dome lights turn on then fade out right away. People ask what's going on, and I tell them that's what she does when she's sleepy.

If your car thinks the door is open when you shut the car off the radio will turn off right away.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-l...blems-fix.html

That link talks about the RAP (Retained Accessory Power) that the BCM (Body Control Module) controls. Look at pages 4 and 7, has descriptions and pictures. Just did that in my 98 Z28 2 weekends ago. Not hard to do, didn't take long and she is back to normal. If you keep losing Radio AND windows, even while driving, 99% that is the issue.

Good luck, hope that helps.

Search this Thread