Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

How to remove the Y87 kit.

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 08:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How to remove the Y87 kit.

Hey guys, I want to remove the Y87 Ground Effects kit from my 2000 Z28 safely without breaking anything. How would I go about doing this?

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by RikkiTorment; 08-25-2009 at 04:38 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Anybody?
Old 08-25-2009, 04:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Iono if it's the same with camaro's, but the y27 is a performance package (posi rear, stepper gear, etc) and the w68 is the ground effect package.. Atleast it was with the v6 birds..

As for your question, they should just be on their with double sided tape and in a plastic lip that they slide down into.. The rockers are on with a couple of screws and plastic rivets as well. If you remove all of those and pull up and away on it, then they should come off, as long as the double side does too.. you will still have the plastic track that is screwed to your car though.. you can remove them, but you'll need to get the holes filled and painted if you want it to look good..
Old 08-25-2009, 04:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

there are lots of bolts underneath the car. and lots of brackets. i took a grinder and grinded all my brackets out. the only reason why i took mine off is because my front pieces got ripped off. wish i still had it on.

bolts are 10mm i think. its a long process. i want to remove my spoiler and just get a stock z28 one. let me know if u remove your spoiler, i want to know how hard it is.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Think I could get it up on a lift and attack it with some bolt cutters? I haven't really had much time to look, as it gets dark when I have free time lol

Quick Reply: How to remove the Y87 kit.