Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

GT 35 BB bolt on turbo for the APS F body TT system

Old 08-24-2009, 09:25 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GT 35 BB bolt on turbo for the APS F body TT system

Guys, It would be possible for APS to produce true bolt on GT35 based ball bearing turbochargers if there's sufficient interest from APS F body TT owners. Please post up on this thread if you have any interest and I will in the interim work out the price for the turbochargers.

Peter
Old 08-24-2009, 09:47 PM
Staging Lane

Peter, I am so confused by this post.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:59 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ls1greg
Peter, I am so confused by this post.
Greg, I am just trying to help out the APS TT guys who want a true bolt on ball bearing turbocharger. I don't want guys thinking that I would want to leave them without any real option for a turbo upgrade with more power potential and turbo durability. Simple as that,

Cheers,

Peter
Old 08-24-2009, 10:01 PM
Staging Lane

Consider taking back the two original 20G's if I shipped them back to you to help offset some of the additional cost?
Old 08-24-2009, 10:05 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 02WS6speed
Consider taking back the two original 20G's if I shipped them back to you to help offset some of the additional cost?
No, We are ceasing turbo system production so I would not trade in any turbochargers.

Peter
Old 08-24-2009, 10:11 PM
10 Second Club

Yeah, if it is warrantied and competitive with the LG upgrade option in price.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:11 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by peter@aps
No, We are ceasing turbo system production so I would not trade in any turbochargers.

Peter
Well thought I would ask, they do make lovely paper weights though.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:34 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Cobra Commander
Yeah, if it is warrantied and competitive with the LG upgrade option in price.
A brand new Garrett ball bearing GT 35 center complete with a new larger APS turbine housing and comp cover will be much more expensive than a simple upgraded journal Mitsubishi turbo centre. You need to understand that if you you want the performance and durability of a GT 35 ball bearing turbocharger,

Cheers,

Peter
Old 08-24-2009, 11:04 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by peter@aps
Greg, I am just trying to help out the APS TT guys who want a true bolt on ball bearing turbocharger. I don't want guys thinking that I would want to leave them without any real option for a turbo upgrade with more power potential and turbo durability. Simple as that,

Cheers,

Peter
As an outsider, I am glad to see this option posted after how that other thread seemed to spiral out of control. Good move on APS's part to provide after sales service to a discontinued product....and a "win" situation for current fbody aps owners to get some bad *** turbos!
Old 08-24-2009, 11:12 PM
Banned

Wow. APS produces a kit on large scale. Sell's it with **** turbo's. Quit's making the kits all together and hose's its past customer's. Then decide's to offer an upgrade at the kit owners expense. I may be wrong. It looks like a shoddy marketing plan to me.

May the voice of reason ring in to anyone even considering this.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wow, Good luck with your sale. Im sure you lost many, if not all of your support from the FI players here. Why in the world, would one trying to get into the FI side, do any buisness with you after the way you presented yourself the last 5 days? People need to avoid you like the plague.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

im with josh if your going to upgrade go with LG screw giving any more money to these shady crooks. these turbos could be chinese junk to. boycott aps
Old 08-24-2009, 11:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn! lol It'll be hard to beat Josh's customer service I'll guarantee you that. Plus there isn't any junk comin out his doors.
I'm sure that all the guys with dead freakin turbos from aps really feel like it's a win situation. The only thing they can feel good about is that he's at least posting on the board lol. Most of the other company's would be out a here like a fat chick in dodge ball lmao.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:22 PM
Staging Lane

Well, APS definitely has my interest, but I won't hold my breath or set aside any money till only the turbine housing (and nothing more) goes on sale. Fool me once, shame on you...
Old 08-24-2009, 11:24 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Josh @ KYTP
Wow. APS produces a kit on large scale. Sell's it with **** turbo's. Quit's making the kits all together and hose's its past customer's.
The stock turbo is not a **** turbo and I've had them on my GTO for 60,000 miles. No doubt something went wrong though I don't know what as I have never seen a failed turbo first hand.

Then decide's to offer an upgrade at the kit owners expense. I may be wrong. It looks like a shoddy marketing plan to me.May the voice of reason ring in to anyone even considering this.
I think you have a vested interest in what you say and imo you are dead wrong. I simply want to give our customers a decent ball bearing turbo option/upgrade. If guys don't want that option then it's no problem for me.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah but mabe take something off of the upgrade for the poor bastards that have dead snails laying around. I'm not saying give something for free but give a little. Times are tough for the little guys too.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:27 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ls1greg
Well, APS definitely has my interest, but I won't hold my breath or set aside any money till only the turbine housing (and nothing more) goes on sale. Fool me once, shame on you...
That will never happen............I'm only offering a bolt on GT series BB turbocharger set, nothing more, nothing less.

Peter
Old 08-24-2009, 11:30 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Hi-Po
Wow, Good luck with your sale. Im sure you lost many, if not all of your support from the FI players here. Why in the world, would one trying to get into the FI side, do any buisness with you after the way you presented yourself the last 5 days? People need to avoid you like the plague.
It's no skin of my nose either way.............just trying to help out the F body APS guys..............if they don't want that option we have plenty of other products to produce.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:31 PM
Banned

Peter there are no telling how many Tech calls I have taken with issues concerning APS turbo systems. I was glad to help when I could everytime. I was impressed with fit I saw on the setup and how it looked like it belonged there from the Factory.

It still comes down to the point that you had the turbo's produced or what ever. You sold the setups. The turbo's then had problems. You should be jumping at the bit to get these failed units back to you to warranty. Thats good business man. You as well as I know that.

Instead you offer upgraded turbo's. That is fine. It really is. It should have been the turbo up front if you are so certain it will work. Why wasnt offered up front? It just doesnt add up.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:35 PM
FormerVendor

Peter there are no telling how many Tech calls I have taken with issues concerning APS turbo systems. I was glad to help when I could everytime. I was impressed with fit I saw on the setup and how it looked like it belonged there from the Factory.

It still comes down to the point that you had the turbo's produced or what ever. You sold the setups. The turbo's then had problems. You should be jumping at the bit to get these failed units back to you to warranty. Thats good business man. You as well as I know that.
Josh, Are guys really serious when they won't return the turbochargers, I think not. If you produced hundreds of turbo kits and then some guys said they had turbo problems would you send out new turbos without ever seeing the problem turbos?

Instead you offer upgraded turbo's. That is fine. It really is. It should have been the turbo up front if you are so certain it will work. Why wasnt offered up front? It just doesnt add up.
Simply because of cost and the fact that our experience with the TD06 turbo had proven to be very relaible and has great power potential.

Peter

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GT 35 BB bolt on turbo for the APS F body TT system