Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

A2W core selection help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 09:30 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default A2W core selection help!

I am looking to switch to an A2W set-up this winter and have been looking at cores. Seems there is quite the range in price for what appear to be similar intercoolers (much like there is with A2A). I had good luck with a less expensive A2A, so can I assume the same for an A2W set-up?

Anyone run a frozenboost core? They seem to make one that looks up to the task for ~$500 for the assembled core. I plan to make somewhere north of 1200whp next year.

Also wondering about using Meth with it still. Would this be overkill? I know my tuner loves tuning with Meth.....with or without race gas. Just seems like I would have sub zero intake temps lol. I'm also planning on using aluminum for the cold pipes which is a no-no for meth.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Help!
Old 08-24-2009, 11:35 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ninetres
I am looking to switch to an A2W set-up this winter and have been looking at cores. Seems there is quite the range in price for what appear to be similar intercoolers (much like there is with A2A). I had good luck with a less expensive A2A, so can I assume the same for an A2W set-up?

Anyone run a frozenboost core? They seem to make one that looks up to the task for ~$500 for the assembled core. I plan to make somewhere north of 1200whp next year.

Also wondering about using Meth with it still. Would this be overkill? I know my tuner loves tuning with Meth.....with or without race gas. Just seems like I would have sub zero intake temps lol. I'm also planning on using aluminum for the cold pipes which is a no-no for meth.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Help!
IMO I would probably keep the meth.... even with the alum pipes. From what I understand meth wont react with alum unless its puddled, if its in the form of a mist then whatever is left after its done spraying is quickly evaporated anyways. Meth is just a added insurance IMO..... maybe even back it off to the smallest setting.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:50 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

bump pitty bump
Old 08-26-2009, 03:08 PM
Staging Lane

i have a nice 2000hp w2a intercooler in the for sale section...
Old 08-26-2009, 10:27 PM
10 Second Club

I personally wont use meth with ice water cooling it already plus running Q16. Just be wary of cheap A2W stuff, if you put it in the car and it lets go it can can put a hole in the roof of your car, or you. I'd look at the Chieseled performance stuff and I think a 2000 HP unit would be good.