Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ive broken my Circle D Convertor..

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 01:04 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ive broken my Circle D Convertor..

Got the bad news from my Transmission builder today, that ive broken my Circle D Convertor 4C.

Last thursday morning i woke up to drive the cat down to the vet, then drove home again approx 2km, when i suddenly lost all gears in my 4L60e. I wasnt giving it a hard time, i rarely do anyways. I had a full rebuild on the gearbox with all the good parts in it at the same time as the convertor went in, so i assumed something in the box had let go.

Anyways, i had it towed to the trans shop that arvo. Still puzzled as to what has happened as the box and TC had been flawless since it had been installed, ive even raced it down the 1/4.

What are Circle D like with their warranty?? I live in Australia, and i was disapointed to start with that it took over 5 weeks to arrive, so i dont want to have to send it back and be with out my car for a few months.

Cheers

Tom
Old 08-25-2009, 06:01 AM
FormerVendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I would say they are very good with their warranty. I will shoot you a PM with a few questions to get this handled.

Chris
Old 08-25-2009, 10:33 AM
9 Second Club

^^^^^that's customer service right there.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 92 Likes on 55 Posts

I would suggest calling/emailing Circle-D instead of posting bad press on the internet.

Anytime you have an issue with a vendors product, it would be good manners to contact them first and see what they say before posting a negative comment online.

I'm all for posting your experiences with a vendor good or bad, but in this case you don't even know whether or not it truly is a converter. A trans shop COULD blame a converter when there is NOTHING wrong with it. I build transmissions and I'll say it's MUCH more likely that the 4L60E took a shyt than even a stock converter, much less a quality piece from a reputable vendor like Circle-D.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:39 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by jakeshoe

I'm all for posting your experiences with a vendor good or bad, but in this case you don't even know whether or not it truly is a converter. A trans shop COULD blame a converter when there is NOTHING wrong with it. I build transmissions and I'll say it's MUCH more likely that the 4L60E took a shyt than even a stock converter, much less a quality piece from a reputable vendor like Circle-D.

Probably not the converter..... Ive seen some of the Circle Ds handle some serious abuse... however Im sure if it is the converter Circle D will take care of it.

Good luck
Old 08-26-2009, 07:02 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Circle-D
I would say they are very good with their warranty. I will shoot you a PM with a few questions to get this handled.

Chris
Thanks for the PM Chris
Old 08-26-2009, 07:13 AM
Staging Lane

I would suggest calling/emailing Circle-D instead of posting bad press on the internet.

Anytime you have an issue with a vendors product, it would be good manners to contact them first and see what they say before posting a negative comment online.

I understand where u are coming from, i would have called chris first up but his opening times doenst fit in with my work/sleep patterns here, ill try give him a call in a few hours time when he opens.

I dont know what to think as where i have had my trans built, builds really good 4l60e's that have copped a lot more punishment than what i could ever give out and he has a few A4 trans ruinning consistent 9's here with the same stall/trans combo.
Also i have a warranty on my built trans too with them, so they'll fix it even if it was the trans.

But how could i even tell if it was the convertor or not? i wouldnt be able to pick it, i could only go off what the shop has told me, and they arent a dodgey workshop. There was something rattling around in the front of my trans when in gear? i thought i broken the input shaft, turns out i havent and that ive blown the front cover on the TC? thats all i know.

Im not bagging the convertor as it really is a awesome bit of gear, best thing ive done to my car, its really amazing how a quality convertor changes the car so much.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:29 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i agree with you, but the OP was not bashing the product, he was just asking a question. every production company has failures, thats normal. but if the op opened a thread bashing the product and starting a scene that would be different.