Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

uhhh? Wire people? you said this was easy!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 06:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default uhhh? Wire people? you said this was easy!

not that bad I found the thread on harnesses, https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...cm-pinout.html

but what can I cut what cant I.. I know some of the stuff but others is gibberish. I have no ac and using a t400 tranny. I have 03 lq4 harness with fues box
Old 08-25-2009, 08:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 97 Likes on 67 Posts

Any system you are not needing.

If you don't understand it, get with a local club and find a wiring expert.

Sound like you may be in over your head.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Re-assemble the harnless on the engine.. with all of the sensors and connectors that are key or vital to operate the engine either as a standalone harness or intergrated into our cars system. Unwrap the harness (use zip ties to hole it together), this wil give you access to follow the wires you are removing.

What is not needed can be removed. Items like the AC connectors, EGR, AIR, ABS, Cruise control, etc... The rewrap the harness, note, this is a good time to re-route the harness to fit and hide as much as you can for a clean look.

You can either cut the wire out or follow them back to the connector or PCM and remove the pin (clean route to take). If you cut them, make sure that any wire that is hot, is sealed so that they will not ground out.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:40 PM
On The Tree

Im usually prety good with wires, I installed car audio for 4 years, but im thinking i screwed up. My issue is I have a dbw setup thats what is throwing me off. One site is telling me to cut c100 and 152 well i cut them and some wires went to the dbw setup, so idk if they were wires it didnt need or what im thinking is I screwed up.

another issue is I have a fues block, its telling me to cut the wires out of it and label them. well all the #s the site gives me is the wrong wires. so I guess im going to be shelling out 350 on a harness on ebay.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:51 PM
On The Tree

It sounds like you have the wrong pinout info. I'm sorry I have no drive by wire experience. I am almost done with my wiring, just have to figure out the neutral safety setup and my ac wiring. I don't know about you, but I have to spend hours reading and reading before wiring info starts to penetrate my skull. find the correct info and continue to read. all the info is here, it's just all over the place.

Good Luck,

Rob
Old 08-25-2009, 09:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by robbied31
It sounds like you have the wrong pinout info. I'm sorry I have no drive by wire experience. I am almost done with my wiring, just have to figure out the neutral safety setup and my ac wiring. I don't know about you, but I have to spend hours reading and reading before wiring info starts to penetrate my skull. find the correct info and continue to read. all the info is here, it's just all over the place.

Good Luck,

Rob

I ordered a book off ebay the guy claims that is will walk you step by step through it. so we will see I left egnough wire when cutting that I can salder it back together so maybe not all is lost. time for a
Old 08-25-2009, 09:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 97 Likes on 67 Posts

Wink

If you know what year and truck/F-body harness you have, I can email you the correct schematics. PM me your email address if you want them.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:47 AM
On The Tree

i think that the c100 connector will have some wires to the dbw setup, they are related to the cruise control. c152 should be removed in its entirety i think. if you're not going to use cruise, c100 can probably go away too, but there are a few things on there that are useful. check out lt1swap.com and look in the wiring harness modification section. there are pinouts for most harnesses on that site somewhere, that'll help maybe.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:18 PM
Launching!

LT1swap.com for your wiring help.
Old 08-26-2009, 03:06 PM
On The Tree

I just said screw it and bought an ebay harness and ecu. Thanks for the pointers!

Quick Reply: uhhh? Wire people? you said this was easy!