Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Fuel pump volume VS Boost question.

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 07:13 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Fuel pump volume VS Boost question.

I have a pair of 317 heads over at patriot getting a valve job that I'm about to put on my car so I can turn up the boost to 12-13psi. My question is, will my single racetronix pump feed enough fuel for that amount of boost?

I noticed once when I acidentally hit 22psi that the fuel pressure droped to 35 psi. I'm running a boost referenced FPR that has a base pressure of 44psi and Seimens Deka low impedance 57# injectors (they are called 55's but they are actually 57#ers).
Old 08-25-2009, 07:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No I dont think it will hold that amount of boost for an extend time Ie tuning. Its very simple to add anther pump in the bucket. And they both can use the stock feed MM has a write up on it as a sticky. I help a buddy of mine put it in his d1sc camaro that was out of pump at 550 hp at 5.5k rpm. The only thing we did differant was the Y and the trigger relay. Since he had a o2 like me I knew where to splice into the signal wire for the fuel pump using the stock wire harness. Other than that he has a rail mounted fpr and made 685 hp with belt slip but I cant help him with that lol.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by OUTLAWZ RACING
No I dont think it will hold that amount of boost for an extend time Ie tuning. Its very simple to add anther pump in the bucket. And they both can use the stock feed MM has a write up on it as a sticky. I help a buddy of mine put it in his d1sc camaro that was out of pump at 550 hp at 5.5k rpm. The only thing we did differant was the Y and the trigger relay. Since he had a o2 like me I knew where to splice into the signal wire for the fuel pump using the stock wire harness. Other than that he has a rail mounted fpr and made 685 hp with belt slip but I cant help him with that lol.
OK, thanks.

Quick Reply: Fuel pump volume VS Boost question.