Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Can anyone tell me if sts kit or something similar would fit under my car?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 08:23 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Can anyone tell me if sts kit or something similar would fit under my car?

I have become pretty interested in finding a turbo kit, or building one myself if i cant find one cheap enough. It would be a rear mounted turbo, but my problem is it seems like my watts link would get in the way or it would scrape. My car isnt lowered at all and i liked the sts kit because it lets me keep my ac, which is important to me. If anyone has a rear mounted turbo with a watts setup, can you please post pics? thanks
Old 08-26-2009, 09:35 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^^ search around. alot of guys keep there ac with front mount.

and the heating of the exhuast gas is better in a front mount. everything is better in a front mount.

i have had 2 sts kits. both sucked. only sts kit that is good. is the trailblaxxer kit
Old 08-26-2009, 10:13 AM
TECH Resident

well i was just thinking rear mount for fitment and because i just havent seen any that keep the ac. i could also just re-use my stock exhaust manifolds and y pipe, and sell my TDs and my LTs. would it be cheaper to build a front mount than a rear mount?
Old 08-26-2009, 10:37 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a rear mounted - long tubes and 3" ypipe, etc.. all heatwrapped. dont see lag and top end is killer.. i dont see a problem with it, keeping AC is nice and yes it is quite simple of a process.
Old 08-26-2009, 03:59 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by sujomatt
I have a rear mounted - long tubes and 3" ypipe, etc.. all heatwrapped. dont see lag and top end is killer.. i dont see a problem with it, keeping AC is nice and yes it is quite simple of a process.
You sure are putting down some torque! Why is the hp so comparatively low? Also, do you have any pictures of the fitment under the car?
Old 08-26-2009, 04:08 PM
TECH Addict

What is a watts link??? Im dumb I know lol. There have been a ton of changes to rearmount setups that can make your car a fun street car and some runs at the track. I think you can put together a rearmount for around 2.5k but thats alot of shopping around. I have a custom rear mount on my z and I dont rubb any pipes. I will hit my drive shaft loop befor I woud rub a pipe. My car is slammed also. But Honsetly if your a heavy duty track racer go front mount, If it rains allthe time where u are from do a front mount lol. Rearmounts are fun I have destoryed some front mounts and motor cycles. A small few of the front mount guys are now belivers lol.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:15 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by OUTLAWZ RACING
What is a watts link???

http://www.fays2.net/
Old 08-26-2009, 10:18 PM
Launching!

Default heres my sts setup

Can anyone tell me if sts kit or something similar would fit under my car?-ta-056.jpg

Can anyone tell me if sts kit or something similar would fit under my car?-ta-017.jpg

Can anyone tell me if sts kit or something similar would fit under my car?-ta-033.jpg
Old 08-26-2009, 10:39 PM
TECH Addict

im beginning my front mount setup while retaining my a/c soon. Its very possible. I have all winter to finish it
Old 08-27-2009, 12:11 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by IT_SS

Ooohhh deerrr LOL! thanks.
Old 08-29-2009, 03:13 AM
TECH Resident

yeah, its safe to say that theres no way that would be able to go there under my car. One of the reasons i wanted to go rearmount was because it seems much easier to work on fabbing it up underneath the car, rather than in the already overcrowded engine bay.
Old 08-29-2009, 06:44 AM
TECH Resident

i have a pic of it in my profile

my numbers are low thanks to mustang dyno and a not so impressive tune.. itll b retuned soon
Old 08-30-2009, 02:41 PM
Restricted User

If you end up looking for an STS kit I have one for an awesome deal..... Check my sig

Quick Reply: Can anyone tell me if sts kit or something similar would fit under my car?