Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

IDEO: UK texting-while-driving PSA is a return to Blood on the Highway

Old 08-26-2009, 04:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool IDEO: UK texting-while-driving PSA is a return to Blood on the Highway

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ttNgZDZruI

Originally Posted by AutoBlog.Com
It looks like Wales hired Danny Boyle or Quentin Tarantino to create a PSA to showcase the dangers of texting while driving (it was actually Peter Watkins-Hughes). As these things do, it starts off with a couple of teenagers doing what teenagers do -- in this case, sending text messages from behind the wheel. The accident is cinematic in its graphic detail, trauma, and blood. Just when you think it's over... well, we won't spoil it, but let's just say it ain't short and it ain't pretty. All that's missing are the zombies. Follow the jump to watch the video - but fair warning, it's far more gory than the average PSA. Thanks for the tip, Tim!

[Sources: BBC]
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/08/26/v...-blood-on-the/
Old 08-26-2009, 04:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm watching it now...what do you think about it?
Old 08-26-2009, 04:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They should make a video of all the beaners that drink and drive too. It will be like this, fiesta - accident - deportation - then them hoping over the boarder agian and then it will repeat.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by XpEdItIoUs
They should make a video of all the beaners that drink and drive too. It will be like this, fiesta - accident - deportation - then them hoping over the boarder agian and then it will repeat.

This is the first thing that came to head when i read this.

Have you ever had something happen that was so racist, you didn't even get mad? You were just like 'Gah damn, that was racist!' I mean it was so blatant you were like "wow …" That happened to me. I was in Mississippi doing a show. And I walk into this restaurant to order some food, and I say to the guy 'I would like to have …' And before i could even finish my sentence, he says, 'The chicken!' I was like "What the ****?!" I couldn't believe it. This man was absolutely right! I said "How did he know that I was gonna get some chicken?" I asked him, I was like 'How'd you know that? How'd you know I was gonna get some chicken?' He looked at me like I was crazy. 'Come on buddy. Now everybody knew as soon as you walked through the god damn door that you were gonna get some chicken. It a no secret down here that blacks and chickens are quite fond of one another.' And then I finally understood what he was saying and I got upset. I wasn't even mad, I was just upset. I wasn't ready to hear that ****. All these years, I thought I liked chicken cause it was delicious; but turns out, I'm genetically predisposed to liking chicken!"

-Dave Chappelle

lol
Old 08-26-2009, 09:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Saw it, thought it hit the point, and also didn't want my young ones seeing it.

I have to imagine, the developers thought the problem was that large to invoke such a response.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

You from the OC, huh? Figures. Youre pretty ignorant man. Im a "beaner" and guess what? No DUI's. Surprised? Actually I work for the Sheriffs. Even more surprised? BTW, its hopping, not hoping as in hope. If youre a cracker at least spell your own language correctly. Entiende?

Yes, this was a racist response to a racist response. Needed and warranted. Back to the post now please...
Old 08-26-2009, 10:48 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by C5natie
You from the OC, huh? Figures. Youre pretty ignorant man. Im a "beaner" and guess what? No DUI's. Surprised? Actually I work for the Sheriffs. Even more surprised? BTW, its hopping, not hoping as in hope. If youre a cracker at least spell your own language correctly. Entiende?

Yes, this was a racist response to a racist response. Needed and warranted. Back to the post now please...
LMAO Look whos being racist. Being from the OC has nothing to do with it, There are plenty of beaner here too.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ReFtheMC
This is the first thing that came to head when i read this.

Have you ever had something happen that was so racist, you didn't even get mad? You were just like 'Gah damn, that was racist!' I mean it was so blatant you were like "wow …" That happened to me. I was in Mississippi doing a show. And I walk into this restaurant to order some food, and I say to the guy 'I would like to have …' And before i could even finish my sentence, he says, 'The chicken!' I was like "What the ****?!" I couldn't believe it. This man was absolutely right! I said "How did he know that I was gonna get some chicken?" I asked him, I was like 'How'd you know that? How'd you know I was gonna get some chicken?' He looked at me like I was crazy. 'Come on buddy. Now everybody knew as soon as you walked through the god damn door that you were gonna get some chicken. It a no secret down here that blacks and chickens are quite fond of one another.' And then I finally understood what he was saying and I got upset. I wasn't even mad, I was just upset. I wasn't ready to hear that ****. All these years, I thought I liked chicken cause it was delicious; but turns out, I'm genetically predisposed to liking chicken!"

-Dave Chappelle

lol
For real man. You just got to laugh at stupidity sometimes. I can deal with racial humor, that why I love Chappelle too, but I didnt dig that beaner comment much though. I once asked a black guy at work if he wanted some watermelon. I was just being polite but then he looked at me funny and I realized he got the wrong idea. So I told him, "c'mon man, we grow them, you eat them." He had to laugh.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:24 PM
TECH Addict

Thats a good vid, they should be using that one here. There are adults that drive like complete jackasses because they are on their cell phones. ******* DRIVE, not text, talk, eat, do make-up...... JUST DRIVE!!!
Old 08-26-2009, 11:28 PM
TECH Addict

LMAO Look whos being racist. Being from the OC has nothing to do with it, There are plenty of beaner here too.
Wow once again, look at the white boy make himself look not only ignorant, but stupid as well. You sir are a piece of work.

I am only half Mexican ("beaner" if you will) and even i was taken aback by the complete lack of respect and obscurity of your comment. Racist **** like that had NOTHING to do with the video. Now please sit down and learn to at least use the spell check button.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:07 AM
10 Second Club

I love how you two think I'm white. I think posting that picture makes you a retard DJ. I know the video has nothing to do with beaners. It just reminded me of a hit and run I witnessed on Sunday that involved a drunk "Mexican". BTW I'm full Mexican so all you pendejos stop getting culo hurt.

Last edited by XpEdItIoUs; 08-27-2009 at 12:17 AM.

Search this Thread