Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

do i need a new clutch?

Old 08-26-2009, 09:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default do i need a new clutch?

98 z28. 108k miles. i looked through the records i hav on the car nd apparently this is the original clutch!

so anyway, lately ive been experiencing alot of chatter when starting, and a metallic rotational sound when slipping the clutch when starting on an incline. when i punch it from a roll though i dnt sense any slippage.

thanks, any input is appreciated
Old 08-27-2009, 09:28 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by mediocrels1
98 z28. 108k miles. i looked through the records i hav on the car nd apparently this is the original clutch!

so anyway, lately ive been experiencing alot of chatter when starting, and a metallic rotational sound when slipping the clutch when starting on an incline. when i punch it from a roll though i dnt sense any slippage.

thanks, any input is appreciated

Well, hard to say for sure, but that is quite a bit of mileage on a stock clutch. The noise maybe the TOB starting to go out, chatter probaly hotspots flywheel/PP (uneveness).

Bolt on car? Stock car? No mods listed in sig, so assuming so.

If you are in need of a clutch, you can take a look at my site below. (look at Level 1-2)

Any questions, feel free to call/pm/email, whichever.

Thanks
Old 08-29-2009, 01:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Gen414
Well, hard to say for sure, but that is quite a bit of mileage on a stock clutch. The noise maybe the TOB starting to go out, chatter probaly hotspots flywheel/PP (uneveness).

Bolt on car? Stock car? No mods listed in sig, so assuming so.

If you are in need of a clutch, you can take a look at my site below. (look at Level 1-2)

Any questions, feel free to call/pm/email, whichever.

Thanks
all its got on it is lid filter, exhaust, sfcs. thanks for the info. i was planning on either a monster or a spec...

Search this Thread