Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harness help

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 10:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Harness help

Hi, I have a question regarding the modifications to my harness and I hope that some of you who have done it can help me.
I think I have all the connectors and wires figured out -that remains to be seen , however I have wanted to connect all injectors to a single fuse per bank. However I have not been able to find PINK cable in a thicker gauge (14) to join all the cables together, and that is the main reason my harness modification has remained dormant for some time now.
Well, I want to finish it, but I cannot find the wire in the color I need, and my question is... Can I interconnect (solder) the injector positive pink cables to a single one? ... Will a single thin wire (16 or 18 gauge I believe) be able to carry power for all injectors with no problem? ... Should I forget color coding and use a RED 14 gauge?
I intend to do this for the coils too and get rid of all that redundant wiring...
I would appreciate any input on this.
Thanks a lot

Rat Chevelle
Old 08-27-2009, 03:04 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

www.waytwkwire.com should have the wire, but you'd have to buy a whole roll. I think EFI connection sells wire by the foot. You shouldn'd need a real heavy wire, since only one injector or coil fires at a time. I think I use 16 gauge
Old 08-27-2009, 08:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rat Chevelle
Can I interconnect (solder) the injector positive pink cables to a single one?
Hmmm. I can't think of a reason why not, since the "trigger" signal should come in on a different wire... And I suspect that poconojoe's finger slipped, & he meant to link to waytek wire...
Old 08-27-2009, 08:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rat Chevelle
I have wanted to connect all injectors to a single fuse per bank.

Rat Chevelle
power inputs for coil and injectors are already side specific...you can use any color wire you want, the main thing is that you know what it's for

Quick Reply: Harness help