Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Anyone with Koni Double Adjustables fronts?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 10:36 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Anyone with Koni Double Adjustable fronts?

I bought a pair and am going to install in a few weeks but have only found a few threads with advice on the actual settings. I've seen a ton of single adjustable settings but that obviously doesn't help me. Anyone run these or have knowledge of particular set ups? I'm definitely looking forward to exploring different settings but I don't know where to start for a track/street setup. I thought I'd ask my local pals before I searched else where. Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by The Double S; 08-27-2009 at 11:18 AM.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:32 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Double adjustables are mainly for track use. Apparently they feel and perform much differently than the single adjustables (probably why people use SA for street use)... Aside from that, I got nothin! haha
Old 08-28-2009, 09:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Lightbulb

For the street.
Adjust the rebound first, try starting at 6 sweeps(Leave the compression dampening on full soft until after the rebound is adjusted). If the car feels like it drops when you go over dips in the road(like your stomach jumping up in your throat), back it off a couple of sweeps at a time until the feeling is gone. If it doesn't then start adding a couple of sweeps of rebound until it starts to drop, then back it off until the drastic dropping feeling is gone. That's you max rebound setting .

For the compression dampening, try 4 clicks then keep adding a couple of clicks until the ride becomes harsh. Then back off the clicks of compression until the harshness is gone.

I had Koni DA's, but I had nothing but problems with them(repeated leaking).

Last edited by 99Bluz28; 08-30-2009 at 02:58 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:02 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah i've read that the DAs are over kill and that everyone uses SAs. Its understandable, but you can't argue with a good deal. Hopefully I can avoid any leakage though.

Thanks for the advice. Anyone else have any tips?