Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

UMI rear suspension pkg or torque arm/drive shaft loop?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 09:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default UMI rear suspension pkg or torque arm/drive shaft loop?

i'm coming up on some extra cash in a month or so and i want to either buy UMI's rear suspension package with the single adj phb and lca's or the adj torque arm with the drive shaft safety loop. which package would be better with my current set-up in my sig?

my plan is to build this car from the ground up, mostly stock right now. i'll eventually buy both, i'm just wondering which package would benefit me the most right now? i'm leaning towards the torque arm pkg right now.

thanks for your inputs
Old 08-28-2009, 07:17 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 98TAjwh
i'm coming up on some extra cash in a month or so and i want to either buy UMI's rear suspension package with the single adj phb and lca's or the adj torque arm with the drive shaft safety loop. which package would be better with my current set-up in my sig?

my plan is to build this car from the ground up, mostly stock right now. i'll eventually buy both, i'm just wondering which package would benefit me the most right now? i'm leaning towards the torque arm pkg right now.

thanks for your inputs
Hello
Thanks for considering UMI Performance! The combo that you are talking about above is a really great set up! I have a few questions for you! And how often does the vehicle see the track? Is it a daily driver? What are the plans for the vehicle as far as HP wise? If you can get back to me with the info and I will be sure to help with any advice needed.
Thanks
Brad
Old 08-28-2009, 02:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

right now i don't take it to the track. i'd rather spend my money upgrading than fixing broken rear ends, etc. eventually i will pop it's track cherry but not until i've finished the suspension and gotten a better rear end. i drive it probably two to three times a week at most now that i have a beater DD, lol.

right now my hp goals is in the ball park of 500 with room to grow down the road. i bought a couple of your parts before and was really impressed ad i like to stick to the same brand. the kyb shocks and eibach springs were a newbie mistake and will be replaced later on. thanks for your help.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

oh yeah, one more thing. i'll be putting on pacesetter longtubes and a tsp ory in the next week or so. just want to make sure these two pkgs will fit. thanks
Old 08-31-2009, 07:48 AM
FormerVendor

Hello
You will be fine with the adjustable rear end package! And seeing how you are going to be using a TSP Set up I would suggest going with a full length torque arm (part # 2205) due to clearance issues. And depending on what transmission you have I would suggest going with torque arm relocation cross member. To eliminate any issue of possibly breaking the tail shaft. If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help!
Thanks
Brad
Old 08-31-2009, 10:30 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 98TAjwh
oh yeah, one more thing. i'll be putting on pacesetter longtubes and a tsp ory in the next week or so. just want to make sure these two pkgs will fit. thanks
I think Brad got confused with the TSP set-up, he was thinking true duals from TSP. Our tunnel mounted set-ups will clear with the TSP y-pipes... however there catted y-pipes get tight and sometimes cause issues since they hang low. Are you running catted or un-catted?
Old 08-31-2009, 02:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

uncatted, but i've run into another issue so i probably will be spending the cash on different parts. thanks for all the info, i'll have to buy these parts at a later date.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i may b calling you guys about a k-member once i work out some more details. you guys offer a military discount?
Old 09-01-2009, 07:46 AM
FormerVendor

Cool Deal! Just leave us know when you are ready. And we do offer a discount to the men and women in the military.
Thanks
Brad
Old 09-01-2009, 01:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

found a guy locally who's gonna give me a stock k-member, so i'll be calling in few weeks to talk about that rear end package!

Quick Reply: UMI rear suspension pkg or torque arm/drive shaft loop?