Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Anyone else tired of this shit?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 10:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Anyone else tired of this ****?

I was just brousing through craigs list, and found a 69 camaro for a pretty reasonable price... no phone number to call the guy, just an email. So i email him asking him to call me, of course he doesnt call... just emails back with,

"Hello there,

I want to tell you that the car is as new,it was used by my brother for less time as he could not enjoy it very much as 7 month ago he died in a bike accident.It has no scratches,no damage on it,it is running perfect,it has a clear title which you will receive a copy after the payment is confirmed.I want to sell it asap because I am selling his house now and this brings bad memories for me. I can tell you that my brother was very setisfy of this.The price I want for this asap is $2900 with shipping taxes included. Shipping will be done from New Rockford,NORTH DAKOTA as I am from there and will take no more then 4-5 days and I will pay all shipping and handeling to your address. I will make this transaction trough Money Bookers Protection Program.
So if you are interested please email me with your full name and your full shipping address and right now I will start a case with Money Bookers and they will contact you soon with further details.

Thanks!
"

Please. SO MANY things wrong with the response... Wouldnt the world be a better place without these people? I vote they get disposed of.

/rant
Old 08-27-2009, 10:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xxrillixx
I was just brousing through craigs list, and found a 69 camaro for a pretty reasonable price... no phone number to call the guy, just an email. So i email him asking him to call me, of course he doesnt call... just emails back with,

"Hello there,

I want to tell you that the car is as new,it was used by my brother for less time as he could not enjoy it very much as 7 month ago he died in a bike accident.It has no scratches,no damage on it,it is running perfect,it has a clear title which you will receive a copy after the payment is confirmed.I want to sell it asap because I am selling his house now and this brings bad memories for me. I can tell you that my brother was very setisfy of this.The price I want for this asap is $2900 with shipping taxes included. Shipping will be done from New Rockford,NORTH DAKOTA as I am from there and will take no more then 4-5 days and I will pay all shipping and handeling to your address. I will make this transaction trough Money Bookers Protection Program.
So if you are interested please email me with your full name and your full shipping address and right now I will start a case with Money Bookers and they will contact you soon with further details.

Thanks!
"

Please. SO MANY things wrong with the response... Wouldnt the world be a better place without these people? I vote they get disposed of.

/rant
Just walk away, He's phishing.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

God damn nigerians.

They run all kinds of scams on craigslist. I read about it but never was sure if it was true. Then I sold an xbox and got one of these bs emails. So I had them send me the MO just for kicks. Took it to the bank and it turned out to be completely fake.

broke *** ********.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

someone tried to pull that on me when i was looking for a car. there was a Ford Lightning for 5K in the autotrader, when i emailed the guy he gave me some story about how he was in Iraq and the car was in georgia. Also used the moneybookers line on me
Old 08-27-2009, 11:33 PM
TECH Addict

lol it is out of hand. but you should think someone would have the bright idea of writing their own scam rather than copy and pasting the same one over and over and over and over
Old 08-28-2009, 12:00 AM
10 Second Club

You should **** with him for fun. Tell him you ran over and killed his brother with your lifted 2500 HD truck and you would like to trade it for the camaro lol.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by XpEdItIoUs
You should **** with him for fun. Tell him you ran over and killed his brother with your lifted 2500 HD truck and you would like to trade it for the camaro lol.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:00 AM
On The Tree

Brilliant!
Old 08-28-2009, 08:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats great!
Old 08-28-2009, 08:23 AM
Launching!

My brother fucked with one of these guys for about a year. They went none stop, It was hilarious. My brother kept giving random peoples names and bank names so he can call to get the wire transfers.

I had one guy going for about 2 weeks. lol
Old 08-28-2009, 01:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

lol!!!!
Old 08-28-2009, 06:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

just write back "how is that aids infested country youre sitting in? have a nice day"
Old 08-28-2009, 07:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

o dude thats NOTHING! i have gotten SOOO many scams from when i post **** on Craigslist. its always the SAME BS!

"hey im so & so.... i am very interested in your car. please send me your full address, full name, phone number and there have their "person" come pick it up? um yea ok.... i believe that one. here found an email i got when i had my camaro for sale on craigslist. HAHAHA! i have gotten so many of replies like this i just reply back to the guy "**** YOU I KNOW THIS IS A SCAM. IF YOU WANT IT COME GET IT YOURSELF & PAY WITH CASH"

My name is Fred,i am highly interested in buying your item listed on Craigslist.com from you, I will like you to give me the price . As for the shipping, I have a liable shipper that takes goods care of all my shipping .Cashier Check is the payment method. So pls email me back so that we can conclude about it. and i will like you to feed me out of this info ...
Name...
Address...
City...
State...
Zip code.......
Country...
Phone#......(both cell and home number)
I await your this info so that i can fax it down to my client that will send you the payment.hope this is acceptable email me ASAP
Old 08-28-2009, 07:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

my brother was an IDIOT and fell for one of those stupid scams. he was selling his video camera & a guy gave him the shipping address to send it to & then he would send the money for it. so my bro like an dumbass sends the camera. wait couple days he never got the money for it. ended up the video camera was sent to SOUTH AMERICA! like WTF? so yea..... if it looks fishy dont do it. i always say if they want to buy it they can come in person & get it!
Old 08-28-2009, 07:49 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DoggyB22
my brother was an IDIOT and fell for one of those stupid scams. he was selling his video camera & a guy gave him the shipping address to send it to & then he would send the money for it. so my bro like an dumbass sends the camera. wait couple days he never got the money for it. ended up the video camera was sent to SOUTH AMERICA! like WTF? so yea..... if it looks fishy dont do it. i always say if they want to buy it they can come in person & get it!
south america? do they set up a mail box in the states somewhere, then have all mail forwarded?
Old 08-28-2009, 08:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by hlaalu
south america? do they set up a mail box in the states somewhere, then have all mail forwarded?
i dont know... it just had a code n thats where it sent i guess?

Quick Reply: Anyone else tired of this shit?