Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking for LQ9CHEVELLE

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 08:44 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default looking for LQ9CHEVELLE

Would you happen to have any pics of the ctsv pan/edelbrock adapter plate mount combination for a 68-72 chevelle, specifically the pan clearance. I am installing a 2008 6.0 into a 68 chevelle and having already purchased the edl adapters/headders i'm trying to spec out the best pan to continue the swap. Are tie rod clearance issues associated with this combo and ,if so, what is the best remedy. Any help from other is greatly appreciated.
Old 08-29-2009, 01:10 AM
Launching!

I can take some for you tomorrow, going to bed right now! Ill PM you tomorrow sometime
Old 08-29-2009, 09:49 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 230 Likes on 162 Posts

mine hits a tiny bit, using the cts pan-i orig cut/rewelded a slot under the centerlink to drop it a tiny bit, but never did-i put plugs in place of the grease fittings, still hits a little, but not bad-i have Hooker mount adapters, would have to compare to Edelbrocks holes
if i pull the engine i might cut/weld a flat plate in the area-its been like this for a year and a half, so not a big deal-i though someone had another pan out there that cleared, still a GM one
i have mine on the lift now, so if you need a pic where it hit, i can take one
Old 08-29-2009, 07:35 PM
Staging Lane

I am interested to see photos also. I am just mocking up a LY6 in a 68 Chevelle. The truck pan is obviously too deep in the sump, but my concern in the tie rod contact. Tie rods clear the drivers side no problem, but interfer on the pass side - and by a decent amount. Based on the oil pan sticky the CTS-V and truck pans look very similar in the front so I am not sure that will work on my 68.

I am using the Edelbrock plates with the original 396 stands and mounts.

BTW, the Edelbrock headers fit great with good clearance all around on both sides!
Old 09-01-2009, 04:10 PM
Teching In

Still interested in those pics if available. thanx
Old 09-01-2009, 05:28 PM
Launching!

Sorry guys, been working crazy hours. Ill get them up as soon as i can
Old 09-07-2009, 03:17 PM
Teching In

Did you ever get a chance to take some pics of your ctsv pan/edl adaptr setup? Also did you mount your frame stands in the stock location or did you readjust for the pan to crossmember clearance?
Old 09-08-2009, 12:10 AM
On The Tree

I used the Autokraft pan with my edelbrock converesion kit on my '72 vert.
Search under Moroso/Autokraft pans and you'll find some pics of my pan and tie rod clearance. I used the stock mounts and Edelbrock adapters and shimmed the pass side about 1/2" for header clearance and the tie rods don't hit. The pan fits great all around so I think it is definitiely worth the money.

Quick Reply: looking for LQ9CHEVELLE