Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

OEM LS1 Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 12:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OEM LS1 Rotors

I need to replace my rotors and pads on my car. Is there a good place to pick up some OEM rotors for cheap rather than going to Autozone and getting what they have? I wish I could afford to upgrade, but I just dropped 2 grand in the transmission. Ive looked on gmpartsdirect but they seem a bit pricey. How much do stock rotors go for anyway? Any help would be great!

Thanks,
Brian
Old 08-28-2009, 12:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

duralast rotors will work just fine. but if you really want to get "better" rotors in your mind get brembo blanks
Old 08-28-2009, 03:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Do not get the Duralast ones or anything cheap. They will lose the ability to stop sooner or later. I've done a few 100 mph braking just to slow down and they felt galzed over and the car would not stop even pulsing the brakes. I nearly coasted into the cars way ahead of me. I tested this to make sure they were bad and did a stop on a private road and the rotors immediately heated up and would not stop. Slow city driving and nothing over highway speeds should be ok. I would never buy mine again because of safety issues. I've never had a set of rotors as bad as these. It's not a good feeling knowing you won't stop. I checked the rotors afterwards and they were extremely hot and slightly discolored. It's a matter of safety rather than money. I use a semi metallic pad also and the brake setup was fine until I did a few triple digit runs and "normally" slowed and you will actually feel the brakes go out. Be careful.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:53 PM
TECH Resident

Go w/ something like the Brembo blanks or ATEs from Strano. The GM rotors are really garbage for these cars.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:27 PM
On The Tree

Thanks guys. I think I will go with the bremo blanks. I am only getting the rear rotors, but new pads all the way around. The rear rotors on my car are warped and have to be replaced to pass inspection. I wish I could afford to do the ATE from strano all the way around, but I just spend 2 grand for my tranny rebuild and clutch.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ACDELCO Part # 18A951 {replaces 88925552 #19175119, 88925552}
ROTOR,RR BRK DURASTOP; CONVERTIBLE
ROTOR,RR BRK DURASTOP; 2 DOORS
Choose: [Regular Inventory -- Full Mfr. Warranty] ($89.79)[Wholesaler Closeout -- 30 Day Warranty] (Only 2 Remaining) ($57.79)
Old 08-28-2009, 09:35 PM
Launching!

I've had good luck with the Duralast rotors. Supposedly they are made of a higher quality steel than the cheaper valucraft ones they sell.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:02 AM
12 Second Club

I got bored one day and decided to replace my warped stock front rotors with the duracrap ones. Dude let me just say, they suck hot ******* ***. I wish I would have never even wasted my time. I know the brakes are set up good and overall to bring the car down from 108 at the strip is "ok". Other then that I've never really been hard on the brakes or even an emergency stop. The rotor's made it about a week and maybe 200 miles before they were warped and discolored. Now I'm thinking of doing the cts-v setup.

Quick Reply: OEM LS1 Rotors