Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

help! my car is making a lot of noise

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 01:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help! my car is making a lot of noise

i put on dms and bilsteins about 5 years ago. i've been working in a building that has a parking garage from hell, and not only do i scrape my car in at least half a dozen places, my suspension gets a workout twice a day. well a year and a half after working out twice daily, my suspension is noisy. mostly the front. when i even turn the car to the right or left there are small pops, creaks, and other rattles. i don't know what's going out or gone out. does anyone have any clue if it is shocks or springs and how bad of shape my stuff could be in? it doesn't make any noise on the highway, just slow speeds and turns at those speeds.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:34 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by tuffluck
i put on dms and bilsteins about 5 years ago. i've been working in a building that has a parking garage from hell, and not only do i scrape my car in at least half a dozen places, my suspension gets a workout twice a day. well a year and a half after working out twice daily, my suspension is noisy. mostly the front. when i even turn the car to the right or left there are small pops, creaks, and other rattles. i don't know what's going out or gone out. does anyone have any clue if it is shocks or springs and how bad of shape my stuff could be in? it doesn't make any noise on the highway, just slow speeds and turns at those speeds.

It could be numerous things. Your shocks,springs,upper spring mounts, upper and lower a arm bushings and ball joints could all contribute to this along with your tie rod ends and even your sway bar bushings and end links too. Best thing to do is take some time and do a front end inspection. Look over your entire suspension and see what kind of condition things are in. Chances are somethings are worn out. If you decide to upgrade to some aftermarket pieces please give BMR some consideration. We offer several parts for the front end that are a major improvement over stock parts. Here is a link to our site. Take a look and if you have any questions please give me a call.

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/index.htm
Attached Thumbnails help!  my car is making a lot of noise-4thgen-fbody.gif   help!  my car is making a lot of noise-aa002small.jpg   help!  my car is making a lot of noise-aa001.jpg  
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!