Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need exhaust help

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 06:29 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need exhaust help

i have a 2000 camaro and im racking my brain trying to figure out what exhaust i want i have pacesetter longtubes pacesetter y pipe with no cats and a slp lm1... i put my cam in and now i am tired of the loud rasp so i changed to a magnaflow catback now it is too quiet still a little to raspy i like the sound of a mustang with th magnaflow magnapacks on them... i know there not gonna sound the same but i hear the gtos getting close to that... this would be ideal as to what i want my car to sound like please let me know your thoughts i dont care if its dumped or if i have tips i just want this soundhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bdtX-mdEOo
Old 08-28-2009, 06:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My car sounds pretty similar to that.I have Kooks headers 3" xpipe with flowmaster super 44s flanged and reduced to 2.5" under the axle tail pipes with el cheapo summit glasspacks in the tailpipes
Old 08-28-2009, 06:56 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hacked up my Pacesetter Y-pipe and installed a Flowmaster merge collector. 98% of the rasp is gone and it sounds a LOT better.

(I don't recommend trying this yourself unless you have cutting tools and a welder..hah)
Old 08-28-2009, 09:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you have any pics of your exhaust.... did you make the x pipe or buy it also do you have any videos or sound clips thanks