Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Upper isolator replacement

Old 08-29-2009, 03:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Upper isolator replacement

I was swapping out my stock shock/spring with a set of Konis/Strano springs and noticed that the upper shock/spring isolator wasn't really in the best shape when I went to swap it over. I was wanting to know if we can buy a replacement for those because I'd like to do so now that I have everything apart.

Thanks
Old 08-29-2009, 04:06 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98RedBird
I was swapping out my stock shock/spring with a set of Konis/Strano springs and noticed that the upper shock/spring isolator wasn't really in the best shape when I went to swap it over. I was wanting to know if we can buy a replacement for those because I'd like to do so now that I have everything apart.

Thanks
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MOG-K6573/ or gm 17999212 ..gm doesn't come with fasteners ..

Last edited by ScrapSilicon; 08-29-2009 at 04:12 PM.
Old 08-29-2009, 07:13 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ScrapSilicon
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MOG-K6573/ or gm 17999212 ..gm doesn't come with fasteners ..
Man, I wish I would have known about the MOOG ones. I've been waiting for the GM ones for 6 days now.
Old 08-29-2009, 07:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks guys. I actually cleaned mine up and they aren't in bad shape at all. They were just so freakin dirty that I expected the worse lol.

Anyways, hopefully this thread can help someone out!
Old 08-30-2009, 03:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 97pontta
Man, I wish I would have known about the MOOG ones. I've been waiting for the GM ones for 6 days now.
Did they tell you they had the isolators in stock?

You may not be able to get GM ones unless you got lucky and found a dealer who had some in stock. I ordered two GM isolators from rmsautoparts a couple months ago and they were only able to get me one and eventually(after trying to track one down for 4 weeks) sent me a refund check for the other one ordered along with a nice apology letter stating that they contacted GM and were told they no longer have any in stock and have no plans of setting up a contract to produce more.

I'd just go with the Moog one if you cant get GM, I got impatient and ended up buying one and IMO it was actually nicer than the one GM isolator I was able to find. The GM isolator looked like the mold used for the rubber coating was worn out.

Last edited by 4150; 08-30-2009 at 04:51 AM.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:19 AM
TECH Regular

Well my local GM dealership parts counter told me that they could get some in 4-5 days. I am going to call the dealer on Monday to check up on them. It may just be faster to order the ones from summit, I want to drive my car so bad with the Strano/Koni setup the waiting is killing me.
Old 08-30-2009, 12:23 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 97pontta
Well my local GM dealership parts counter told me that they could get some in 4-5 days. I am going to call the dealer on Monday to check up on them. It may just be faster to order the ones from summit, I want to drive my car so bad with the Strano/Koni setup the waiting is killing me.
you try your local auto parts store like Advance/Napa? ..they carry Moog K6573 or in Napa's case believe it's Balkamp or something like that..gl

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Upper isolator replacement