Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ground clearance

Old 08-29-2009, 06:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Ground clearance

I was wondering what kind of ground clearance people run on the street? What is your height and what is your low point, looking at my car it looks like I'll be lucky to get 3" from various points in my exhaust, and my front swaybar isn't going to be too much higher than that at my a-arms, but at least that is between my front tires so hopefully it won't drag much. I have read about people with duals dragging on f-body's ect, but no one seemed to have a measurement.
Anybody running lower than me?
jon
Old 08-30-2009, 08:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My good friend has an RX-8 that has about 3" of clearance and he's pretty OK over most stuff, provided he knows its coming. How stiff are your springs? Suspension travel can make you or break you in that department, but IMO, you should be ok.

BTW--Gorgeous car, I love the modern wheels/stance on the classic chassis. Great job!
Old 08-30-2009, 09:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My springs up front are pretty stiff, out back they are pretty soft right now, going to see how it launches and handles, I might need to stiffen them up a bit, I also have adjustable coilovers so i can stiffen the shocks up a little if that helps.
thanks for the kind words, I am still working on getting the suspension set up correctly and the stance just right, the suspension has been the hardest part of my build
hopefully you're right about the clearance being enough, i am pretty good about scanning the road ahead for obstacles and problems, i know new vettes are around 3 inches of clearance so hopefully i'll be ok most of the time, and the low point of my car will be exhaust, worst case senario is I ding it up a bit and have to replace or repair some of it

Search this Thread