Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NOS Newbie bottle mounting Q's

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 04:28 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NOS Newbie bottle mounting Q's

OK so I see alot of people mounting their bottles in between the two back seats. Is this safe if people ride back their, ie kids? I still have to have toddler seats and am not sure about mounting it their. But dont want to have to get a electric bottle opener and mount it in back. What do yall think? I know my son loves to grab **** and dont want him to jack nothing up.

Last edited by AlaskaBlack; 08-30-2009 at 04:30 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-30-2009, 06:30 AM
10 Second Club

Smile

you could get 860 spare tire mount.fits good + int pnl can be put back on.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:30 AM
FormerVendor

I would take the bottle out of the car if you have anyone sitting back there, especially your young kids.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:12 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike@HSW
I would take the bottle out of the car if you have anyone sitting back there, especially your young kids.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would definetly not put the bottle in the car with a toddler unless it was mounted in the back.
Old 08-30-2009, 02:15 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MelScrilla
I would definetly not put the bottle in the car with a toddler unless it was mounted in the back.
I dont even know about that. I am having second thoughts on NOS. My kids ride with me alot in the car. Truth fully how dangerous is NOS? Is it a pain to take in and out alot?
Old 08-30-2009, 02:19 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 08-30-2009, 02:25 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by AlaskaBlack
I dont even know about that. I am having second thoughts on NOS. My kids ride with me alot in the car. Truth fully how dangerous is NOS? Is it a pain to take in and out alot?
Simple equation, kid in = bottle out. No its not too hard to take a bottle out.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:03 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah I am not racing with them in the car. But I just want to now how safe it is to have it in the car with them. Thanks
Old 08-30-2009, 05:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Honestly I've never heard of the bottles exploding, but i dont know what might happen in an accident. But from what i understand n2o isnt flamable.

I would still do it though. even if i did have nitrous i probably wouldnt ride around with the bottle on the street anyway after the first week and the initial fun wears off. I think getting the bottle filled after making some high speed highway passes just for ***** and giggles might get old real fast, so I would keep the bottle out unless I was looking for some trouble.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:52 PM
11 Second Club

Yeah I am not racing with them in the car. But I just want to now how safe it is to have it in the car with them. Thanks
if the burst disk ruptures or something happens, you'll wish that bottle wasn't in there. Is the couple minutes it takes to remove the bottle worth that risk?
Old 08-30-2009, 08:13 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by gillbot
if the burst disk ruptures or something happens, you'll wish that bottle wasn't in there. Is the couple minutes it takes to remove the bottle worth that risk?
Yeah that is what I am asking. NOS dont seem to safe!
Old 08-30-2009, 08:58 PM
Staging Lane

If you mount it between the rear seats, how much of a pain is it to take in and out with the blowdown tube and all that? Do you lose NOS when taking in and out?
Old 08-30-2009, 09:13 PM
TECH Regular

If you mount it between the rear seats, how much of a pain is it to take in and out with the blowdown tube and all that? Do you lose NOS when taking in and out?
You'll lose what's in the line.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:44 PM
11 Second Club

Please please please stop calling it NOS. Thats a brand name and Honda drivers say that. You shouldnt be losing any when taking the bottle in and out. You shoudn't keep the line between bottle and solenoid pressurized. Only open the bottle when you plan to use it, then close it when done and purge the line out. Taking the bottle out of the car (given that you have an average setup) should take less than a minute, its not a big deal. Is also not dangerous if you are willing to take the time to search and educate yourself on it and how it works, its well worth it, its a lot of bang for the buck!! You wont regret it.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jeepers_88
Please please please stop calling it NOS. Thats a brand name and Honda drivers say that. You shouldnt be losing any when taking the bottle in and out. You shoudn't keep the line between bottle and solenoid pressurized. Only open the bottle when you plan to use it, then close it when done and purge the line out. Taking the bottle out of the car (given that you have an average setup) should take less than a minute, its not a big deal. Is also not dangerous if you are willing to take the time to search and educate yourself on it and how it works, its well worth it, its a lot of bang for the buck!! You wont regret it.
+1 I would get it and just remove the bottle when not using it, and removing the pressure from the line will probably save you some trouble with the noids leaking.

And just call it "The Juice!!!" It will make seem alot cooler
Old 09-04-2009, 02:00 PM
11 Second Club

Nitrous(not NOS) is not dangerous you just gotta get educated about it. I mounted mine between my rear seats as well and wouldn't have it another way. I just wouldn't feel comfortable with it in the back you never know when another moron will rearend your car. Furthermore, nitrous is not flammable so don't worry what happened to that guy's car in fast n the furious is not gonna happen to yours! I also occasionally have my 14 month old ride in the back seat in his car seat and there's nothing he could do to it to mess it up it's not like he could phsysically turn the **** to open the bottle!

Taking off the bottle won't even take 5 minutes and no you will not lose nitrous because the bottle's **** should be closed in the first place. Second, when you finish using your nitrous on any occasion, you should purge your lines after closing your bottle for good so there shouldn't be any nitrous in your lines afterwards. Nitrous gets you the best bang for your buck you just gotta do some research and you'll be fine.

Don't worry, hollywood takes things way out of proportions in movies!
Old 09-04-2009, 04:52 PM
Staging Lane

I know nitrous is not flamable and all the movie ****. But I didnt know about to much bottle pressure or things cracking and the bottle go flying all over. Is the bottle mount on your site?
Old 09-04-2009, 05:10 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I tried to post this earlier but the pics were huge....here I go again:
You can use some Hex-to-Wing adapters so you wont need any tools to remove blowdown tube and feed line. They are available in -4AN, -6AN and -8AN.

This bottle bracket has 2 pins for a quick release and has a handle built into the removable portion on the bottle bracket.

Last edited by Grant@NitroDaves; 09-04-2009 at 05:27 PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:25 PM
11 Second Club

Thats a very similar bottle mount to the one i have, works awesome, very quick to release and install, also doubles as a carry handle. Also, the hex wing adapters reffered to above are great, I have one on my feed line and eliminates the need for a wrench to take on/off the feed line, my blow down tube is a much larger fitting and I only screw it on hand tight (it's a straight open hose to the outside of the car, so it dosent need to be super tight) As far as the pressures are concerned, there is a rupture disk designed to fail around 3000psi to allow the tank to empty instead of exploding, this is what your blow down tube is for. The tanks can take a lot more than that and are required to be recertified every so often.