Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

If you like Z71 suburbans come inside! (pics)

Old 08-30-2009, 03:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If you like Z71 suburbans come inside! (pics)

Hey guys,

It's been a little while since i've posted on here and just wanted to show you my ride. I was in the market for an f-body about 2 months ago and decided to keep what i have and i'll get back to an f-body later on. I'm only 17 and really did want a fast car but decided to just keep what i was given and not be a brat and try to get another vehicle.

I know it's not the coolest thing on the planet or the fastest but damn i love driving it. I just love riding with the windows down and my sunroof open listening to sirius radio. The truck is bone stock at the moment besides tinted windows that i got done about a week ago and i am going to be getting an exhaust and nitto m/t's soon along with many many other things. Well enough of my babbling and here are some pics, they were taken today btw.

Old 08-30-2009, 05:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Sweet, my mom has one exactly like it but she has a grille guard on the front ( Looks hella sweet ) you should get one.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by enigmah
Sweet, my mom has one exactly like it but she has a grille guard on the front ( Looks hella sweet ) you should get one.
Thanks! yea those are pretty sweet i may get one eventually not on my list of things to do at the moment though. Gotta get my exhaust, and nitto grapplers and my keys and spacers.

Nice t/a in your sig man!
Old 08-30-2009, 07:35 PM
12 Second Club

Nice. I have been looking for a clean Z71 4 door truck or Tahoe for months but its harder thyen expected. I love the Z71 stuff...

Nice truck enjoy it.
Old 08-30-2009, 08:11 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GTABurnout
Nice. I have been looking for a clean Z71 4 door truck or Tahoe for months but its harder thyen expected. I love the Z71 stuff...

Nice truck enjoy it.
Thanks man. I like it a lot so far. They are not that hard to find but are not very cheap. But you get your moneys worth because they are very well built and really durable. You'd like it a lot, really nice dd.

Nice camaro BTW man i really want an f-body at heart.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like it just dont put 29" rims on it with paper thin tires.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:27 PM
TECH Addict

Sweet looking Burb.. My wife and I have a white 03 Z71 Suburban and we LOVE it.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:15 PM
Launching!

needs a solid axle, 4 link and some 40's

just kidding, clean lookin burb.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

murder that bitch out tint head and taillights and idk whatever wheels ya want but dont go over board too much chrome is a bad thing lol. but i was 17 when my turbo 5spd 98 eclispe was stolen ripped to pieces , stole everything of it, so i got a 08 lancer from the dealership where my 98 was getting fixed (since it was on their property). man that lancer was slow as ***** but very nice interior lol. anyway 3 years later now i have a 02 z28 and i love it, it takes time but trust me i wish i had a suburban sometimes not much room to fool around in a camaro if ya know what i mean lol(gf has a jeep though ). anyway nice z71 enjoy
Old 08-31-2009, 04:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by OUTLAWZ RACING
I like it just dont put 29" rims on it with paper thin tires.
Do not want. I laugh when i see 4x4's with low profile tires lol....
Old 08-31-2009, 04:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LS1Silverado05
Sweet looking Burb.. My wife and I have a white 03 Z71 Suburban and we LOVE it.
Thanks man! Mines a year younger than yours i've got an 04 they are pretty decent trucks.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by violent_celerity
needs a solid axle, 4 link and some 40's

just kidding, clean lookin burb.
lol that would be pretty cool but 40's are too big. I'm going with the nitto grapplers (don't know which one yet) if you know what those are and i keeping the stock rims. then i'm just gonna get some keys and spacers. Theres a shitload more i have planned for it.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:13 PM
11 Second Club

40's are never to big I have 44's on my k5 and their not big enough
Old 08-31-2009, 05:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been thinking about picking up that exact Z71 burb. My advice would be don't replace the tires or the exhaust. The tires and wheels look good as is. A loud exhaust will not make it fast, it is way too heavy. It will just make it loud. What I would do is spend money on stereo. You can put an incredible system in that much space. A couple of big amps, a pair of 12s, head unit with ipod interface, maybe even video. Keep this stuff hidden and it won't get stolen.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:29 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by z28camaross2
murder that bitch out tint head and taillights and idk whatever wheels ya want but dont go over board too much chrome is a bad thing lol. but i was 17 when my turbo 5spd 98 eclispe was stolen ripped to pieces , stole everything of it, so i got a 08 lancer from the dealership where my 98 was getting fixed (since it was on their property). man that lancer was slow as ***** but very nice interior lol. anyway 3 years later now i have a 02 z28 and i love it, it takes time but trust me i wish i had a suburban sometimes not much room to fool around in a camaro if ya know what i mean lol(gf has a jeep though ). anyway nice z71 enjoy
Thanks a bunch man!you can fit lots of crap in there for sure. I wish i had a Z28 lol. I'd give this thing up in a heartbeat for one. I'm sorry to hear about your eclipse but you've definently got something way better now lol i've beendriving this truck since i don't know when lol it's been since i first started learning to drive i just got very attached to it and it grew on me lol.... I haven't had any other vehicle yet.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:31 PM
Teching In

[QUOTE=formulajunky;12155104]40's are never to big I have 44's on my k5 and their not big enough[/QUOTE

What inch lift you got on there? They'd just be way to big for the setup i'm going with.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:40 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 3Camaros
I have been thinking about picking up that exact Z71 burb. My advice would be don't replace the tires or the exhaust. The tires and wheels look good as is. A loud exhaust will not make it fast, it is way too heavy. It will just make it loud. What I would do is spend money on stereo. You can put an incredible system in that much space. A couple of big amps, a pair of 12s, head unit with ipod interface, maybe even video. Keep this stuff hidden and it won't get stolen.
Yea i def. want an exhaust that is a MUST lol. I know it's not gonna be fast it won't make much of a difference with performance. I just want a more aggresive exhaust note thats all. Now when i get my custom tune i'm gonna have the ricers shitting there pants lol... they'll find out how it feels having a 3 ton truck pass them up.

I'm getting the nittos because i'm gonna off road in this thing man ( keeping the stock rims also). I'm not getting some off roading tires for show i'm hittin the trails lol.... only problem is it's gonna mess with my mpg's. Not happy about that it already is bad on gas.

You should def. get yourself one if you really want it they are good trucks you'll get your moneys worth. This has 107xxx and we have not had any problems whatsoever with it.

I don't want a big stero system either lol i'm just gonna replace the radio head unit and put a screen in it's place.
Old 08-31-2009, 06:08 PM
Launching!

im puttin 40's on my truck when i get the money.. be careful with those keys, use wiseley. id get terra graplers for an all around tire.
Old 08-31-2009, 06:13 PM
Staging Lane

If that was my Suburban I would add some long tubes, E-Fans, pulley, an Intake and a tune and wake the puppy up! a Tru-Trac would help also..
Old 08-31-2009, 07:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by violent_celerity
im puttin 40's on my truck when i get the money.. be careful with those keys, use wiseley. id get terra graplers for an all around tire.
Thanks for the advice man i really am leaning towards terra grapplers.

Search this Thread