Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW! The MicroEDGE gets a buddy!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 02:36 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW! The MicroEDGE gets a buddy!

That’s right…you read it right…just when you thought the MicroEDGE did it all, we now have an upgrade package for it! AND IT’S ON SALE!!

Adding to the full list of features on the MicroEDGE such as:

RPM Window Switch: Only operates the nitrous system within a set “window” of RPM.

TPS Activation Switch: Only operates the nitrous system at (WOT) wide open throttle.

Dual Stage Control: Allows for the use of multiple nitrous kits to be run off of one (1) window switch. IE; multiple stages which can be used with different RPM & TPS values.

A/F Shut Down Switch: Nitrous system(s) will shut down if a lean condition is detected by either a wideband O2 sensor or narrowband O2 sensor. The MicroEdge will also shut down the system if an overly rich A/F is detected (wideband sensor only).

Lean Out Delay: The MicroEdge controller can be programmed to not shut down the nitrous system for a determined amount of time if a lean condition is detected. Great feature for those small lean spikes upon kit activation. This feature can be adjusted up to 10 seconds in .05 second intervals.

Multi-Gear Lock-Out: Can be configured for both stages and can lock-out multiple gears to optimize traction.

Time Delays: Activation of kits can be delayed for up to 10 seconds in .05 second intervals.

Pedal Delay: Delay(s) used to re-gain traction if the system is activated and the gas pedal is let off due to wheel spin and then re-applied. This allows for momentum to be built prior to re-activating the nitrous system(s). Both stages have their own pedal delay which is adjustable up to 10 seconds in .05 second intervals.

Nitrous Solenoid Delay: Delays the nitrous solenoid from being activated for an amount of time after the kit is activated. This helps to cure any lean spike issues that are pre-existing in the system.

Display: Built in LCD display can show RPM, A/F Ratio (mV for narrowband), TPS voltage, Battery Voltage, and Arming Switch Voltage.

File System: Up to three (3) files can be saved within the MicroEdge unit for quick and easy loading between runs.

The + upgrade, which is a separate add-on unit, will give you the following features:

Dual Stage Progressive Control: Time or RPM based progressive control. Independent solenoid frequency for either stage (40 amp load capacity). Larger window of frequency selection than the competition to allow for a seamless integration into a multitude of systems.

Digital Bottle Contents Indicator: Displays the amount of nitrous left in your nitrous bottle (display in both pounds & percent). Will also take into account purging without utilizing a second stage, like many other products on the market!

Dual Stage Control: Allows for the use of multiple nitrous kits to be run off of one (1) window switch. IE; multiple stages which can be used with different Progressive, RPM & TPS values.

Display: Built in LCD display can show Progressive Build, Amount of Nitrous left in your Nitrous Bottle (Lbs. and %), RPM, A/F Ratio (mV for narrowband), TPS voltage, Battery Voltage, and Arming Switch Voltage.

So I’m sure many of you are wondering how it works. Its simple. The + is a add on component and is fully compatible with ANY MicroEDGE currently on the market. All settings for the + features are accessed through the MicroEDGE screen. All output read-outs such as contents are also viewed on the MicroEDGE screen. So for those that already have a MicroEDGE, these features can easily be added to your unit! And for those that are working on a tight budget, the + can be added to the MicroEDGE at any time! Us at HSW felt it was important to have an expandable controller that can be built off of rather than throwing things away and starting new.

The + units have an estimated ship date of September 30, 2009! To celebrate we are offering a pre-sale on the + upgrade package for $99.99! Or for new time buyers we are offering the MicroEDGE AND the + upgrade for $224.99!

Link to MicroEDGE
Link to + Upgrade Package
Link to MicroEDGE + Package
Old 08-31-2009, 03:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just order it on the website? Where exactly do we send our Microedge if it needs upgrade (how do I know?).
Old 08-31-2009, 03:42 PM
11 Second Club

so does the + upgrade make the Micro-Edge work as a progressive controller? how do we know if we need to send the Micro-Edge in to get a update?
Old 08-31-2009, 03:45 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW!!! This combo has just made the most complete controller in the LSX community. I can't wait to send mine in for the upgrade.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow! Looks like a sweet little upgarde right there.

But I need the Interface first, any plans on putting those on sale again...
Old 08-31-2009, 06:44 PM
9 Second Club

Nice job this controller was very easy to use and has worked great.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:26 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i want.........
Old 08-31-2009, 08:30 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This sounds like what I am going to need when I install my nitrous setup. The thing I am still looking for is a multi stage timing control setup for 2-3 stages.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:13 PM
TECH Regular

just ordered mine. i cant wait for it!!!
Old 09-01-2009, 10:21 AM
FormerVendor

To check and see what version you have, watch the display on the MicroEDGE as its booting up. Should show what version you have. Just follow the steps while checking out for more details on where to send it etc.

Nick
Old 09-01-2009, 10:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

How is the bottle percentage remaining calculated?
How accurate is it?
Old 09-01-2009, 08:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

wow, can't wait to get this.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:45 AM
On The Tree

I must have got one of your verry first ones.That thing was junk.Could never get it to work right.Cool product thow cant wait to see some results,maybe ill buy another one.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:00 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 6th gear
I must have got one of your verry first ones.That thing was junk.Could never get it to work right.Cool product thow cant wait to see some results,maybe ill buy another one.
Did you ever contact us about it? there wasnt anything wrong with either version so im curious what problems you had?
Old 09-02-2009, 11:52 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 6th gear
Probably operator error. I have a Beta version, and it still works to this day.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:09 PM
TECH Veteran

now if you could just make it so the micro edge can output to a larger screen like and indash dvd player with aux inputs, for people with bad eyes like me. lol

very nice nick, you guys always come up with great stuff. but like he said, how does it calculate bottle volume and how accurate is it.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:59 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mike@HSW
Did you ever contact us about it? there wasnt anything wrong with either version so im curious what problems you had?
Yes i did.You guys verified it was broke and told me to send it in and you will re-flash it.But i just took it off.Im not bashing your porducts at,please dont think that.All i use is your products.

Originally Posted by jmill96Z
Probably operator error. I have a Beta version, and it still works to this day.
Well good for you.I got one of the ones i guess that didnt work right.But thank you for your opinion on MY error.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:05 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks like that will be a nice controller for CHEAP!
Old 09-03-2009, 12:10 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by JAX04
now if you could just make it so the micro edge can output to a larger screen like and indash dvd player with aux inputs, for people with bad eyes like me. lol

very nice nick, you guys always come up with great stuff. but like he said, how does it calculate bottle volume and how accurate is it.
That would be a good idea actually.

For the bottle contents,
Each + unit comes with a small robot called R.O.B....some of you might remember him from the early Nintendo days. Its been modified to un-hook the bottle and twirl it around twice, says "HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAULIE", like the robot from Rocky IV, and weighs the bottle for you.

In this picture R.O.B. is playing punch out, but the bottle weighing routine would be very similar.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAULIE

I'm kidding! I know we all wish HSW was bringing R.O.B. back but the truth is he kinda sucked and we couldn't get him to lift the bottle quick enough. Seriously though, its all calculated using math and is spot on. It even calculates the amount you purge out for the purge happy folks. It will even calculate an empty line purge for when you shut the bottle and empty the lines. If it wasn't accurate or it didn't work, we wouldn't sell it.

Nick
Old 09-03-2009, 01:05 PM
TECH Veteran

we figured that it worked well, we were just curioius how it works. so bravo on a job well done, AGAIN, since you guys seem to always make some bad *** stuff. lol.

ps, if you ever get that micro edge to do the external display or even connect to a laptop, im game for testing for you