Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FAST Porting Number Comparisons

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 06:08 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FAST Porting Number Comparisons

This question was asked indirectly on another thread so I figured I would bring it up on a bigger scale. With the companies that are porting the FAST intake manifolds, who is producing the biggest gains? I know there are quite a few companies working them: AFR, Vengeance, Texas-Speed, to name a few. Post up numbers of your ported intakes and who ported them to give us a better idea of the gains over stock and who is doing them. If you are doing them yourself, throw that in.

-Company who worked it
-Type of Manifold 90 or 92
-WHP gains (gains over non-ported if applicable)
-Total Price
Old 08-31-2009, 11:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh boy!!!! This could get interesting. You have to also consider other mods will have an impact on actual gain.

I am already sure who is the best though..... just gotta pay the piper and it don't come cheap. But we all know the saying.... you get what you pay for.......
Old 09-01-2009, 02:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SOMbitch
Oh boy!!!! This could get interesting. You have to also consider other mods will have an impact on actual gain.

I am already sure who is the best though..... just gotta pay the piper and it don't come cheap. But we all know the saying.... you get what you pay for.......
hit the nail on the head...
Old 09-01-2009, 04:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

only true way to find out would be to take one car....several ported intakes and measure the gains on each intake.

small changes in cam, heads, boltons, exhuast...etc...could mean the difference between one company being the best and the worst in a comparison of gains.

i know i ported my FAST myself...in 2hrs with a dremel, never seperated the intake....and gained 18hp and 12ftlbs (back to back dynos) on a CAM ONLY setup...over the ls6 with ported TB.