Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Which Rearend is best value for money??

Old 08-31-2009, 08:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Rearend is best value for money??

I got the impression that Moser sucks! (No offense to anyone). But nothing but complains about them, so Im not even considering the Moser 9 inch.

I have a 2001 camaro fbody and Im looking to eventually make 750hp/tq at the wheels so which REAREND is the reliable, durable, and can take a beating?
And which company out there is reliable to deal with if theres a problem?

I also drive the car 4 days a week and race it, do I need locker, true trac, spool only?

Thnx
Old 08-31-2009, 10:11 PM
Staging Lane

yea i was wondering bout this too, since i am seeking to get to 750-850hp/tq. ive been told to just put a ford 9" is this true?
Old 09-01-2009, 10:30 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Moser does make a great product, but there are others out there as well. Strange offers the great value and strength in the S60, as well as a 12 bolt. I offer the very popular fabricated 9 inch rearend package including housing, axles, complete center, chromemoly adjustable torque arm and crossmember for your application. lightweight and super strong, custom built to your specs.
the S60 will come with 35 spline axles and a Truetrac diff as standard features. with your power and purpose, i would suggest a Detroit Locker or the new Wavetrac diff in the 9 inch. the S60 and my fabricated 9 inch package are close to the same cost when outfitted equal. pm or call me for more info. i am direct with Strange and Moser and can give you the best deal out there for any rearend.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sspower23
I got the impression that Moser sucks! (No offense to anyone). But nothing but complains about them, so Im not even considering the Moser 9 inch.

I have a 2001 camaro fbody and Im looking to eventually make 750hp/tq at the wheels so which REAREND is the reliable, durable, and can take a beating?
And which company out there is reliable to deal with if theres a problem?

I also drive the car 4 days a week and race it, do I need locker, true trac, spool only?

Thnx

I have seen the Moser stuff in person and I am soo thankful I went with the Midwest setup.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have the stocker 10 bolt as of right now, but come time for an after market it WILL be a midwest fab peice, you can bet on that.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm very happy with my Moser but I assembled everything myself. Its important to thoroughly clean the case multiple times and spend time going through pinion shims to get the right pattern. Much of the aftermarket stuff has a junk factor BTW. Its up to you to double check anything that you're putting in your car unless you take it to a shop, pay the big bucks, and get a warranty.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:10 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've done alot of setup's and here is my take

Moser 12 bolt -cheapest setup and works for setup's up to 650hp or so.Downfalls are the crap torque arm bolts and you have to check gear setup before ussing.

Moser 9" -We've only done lockers ones.The floor has to be hammered in,expecially were the top bolt for the torque arm mount is.Ussually floor hammering for torque arm clearance.Check gear setup ect.Make custom brake line holders.

Midwest 9" -Probly one of the best out there.Just bolt-in and go.No hammering. Run one in our shop car.

So,I'd say in my opinion the Midwest is the best out there.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you actually seen a Midwest in person and didn't buy it there would be something wrong with you. That thing just looks mean.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:36 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Don't forget to look at our stuff. We have a lot of cars at your HP level and well north running our housing and setups.

Search this Thread