Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Upgrade suggestion for better traction and DD'ing

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 03:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrade suggestion for better traction and DD'ing

Hey all, I am looking to get some traction in my s10 (with an LS1 of course). I know leaf springs aren't the common suspension around here, but I was hoping some of you with experience could help me out with what works and what doesn't.

Right now I am peeling out at almost every light by accident and I CAN NOT hook at the track. My truck will be mainly a daily driver with some track use both 1/4 mile and auto-x maybe 2-3 times a year each. I'm not looking to 4 link it, just make it a little more controllable.

I'll start with the rear. It's got the ZQ8 suspension ( front and rear is 1.5"lower, has a swaybar, and a hopshock)
1. Slide a links - this is my summer daily driver, thats why I am getting them over caltracks.
2. Shocks - I here alot about QA1 adjustable shocks from drag racers. Is this something that is an all around great shock or is it more of a drag only application?
3. Swaybar - It seems to be okay in stock form.
4. Hop shock - ??? anyone
5. TA diff cover and main studs to limp the 10 bolt along
6. Should I keep my leafs the way they are? (monoleafs?)

And the front
1. I like my swaybar up front, and I realize it will hurt me in a straight line,but it really helps in the twisties so I do not want to remove it.
2. Springs - right now they are 4 cyl springs (low springrate and my front end is lowered because of the wieght of the new engine) I have a set of v6 springs, should I use them OR keep what I have OR is there something else I should do
3. Shocks - right now the front rides pretty nicely (the back is quite stiff) for cost reasons I'm not planning on replacing all 4 shocks, but if changing the front will help more than the back than I will change the front instead.
4. control arms - I am thinking about Spohn uppers and stock lowers until I get coilovers then I would buy the lowers to match. Will this help me at all or should I hold off and do both at the same time?
Old 09-02-2009, 06:08 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am doing a S-10 right now I will get some pics posted.

225-343-9029
Old 09-03-2009, 08:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here are the pics that Madman wanted to be posted up.9" rear, drop spindles, new upper and lower a-arms up front, cal-trak bars, and strange brakes on all 4 corners.

Old 09-09-2009, 01:50 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pic for suggestions