Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Window Tint?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 12:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Window Tint?

I want to tint my TA's windows and the shops in my town won't go darker than 25%. Looking for a kit that has 5% or less tint and is the best quality available. Any tips would be great to since i will be doing this myself. Thanks
Old 09-02-2009, 01:52 PM
TECH Resident

they wont tint darker than %25? i think ur going to the wrong places.... anyways i wouldnt recommend doing it yourself, when i had my t/a tinted out it took a professional 3 tries to lay it right before it came out perfect.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:54 PM
On The Tree

I'm a professional window tinter and I will tell you that you are wasting money trying to do it yourself. You have to put a heat gun to every window and window film only shrinks one way. Plus on TA, Camaro and vettes you actually have to stretch the window film as well as shrink it.

Tell the shops that you want 5%, don't want a warranty and don't want a receipt. then you have a better chance of getting it done. Or if your ever in Shreveport/Bossier Louisiana, I'll knock it out for you
Old 09-02-2009, 07:59 PM
Staging Lane

i wouldnt do it yourself for real! you must be going to the wrong places, agreed, make sure you tell them no warranties or anything, shouldnt cost you more than $300 for the whole car. a local shop here called speedstyles did my clean 3rd gen bird with 5% all around for $250
Old 09-02-2009, 08:25 PM
11 Second Club

^^^i agree with them about DIY. the back windshield has THREE different curves goin at one time.. a Real Pain in the *** to do. but also is this your DD??? if so i dont recommend 5%... i had 15% on my last TA and on my wife's last car, and 5% on my patrol car.... you Cant SEE **** at night!!!! especially backing up. i'm gonna put 15 on my current TA but i dont drive it two days a month!!! wife's current car has 25%, looks nice (especially with dark interior) and plenty dark for a DD. just something to think about.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:49 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by YURVIEW
^^^i agree with them about DIY. the back windshield has THREE different curves goin at one time.. a Real Pain in the *** to do. but also is this your DD??? if so i dont recommend 5%... i had 15% on my last TA and on my wife's last car, and 5% on my patrol car.... you Cant SEE **** at night!!!! especially backing up. i'm gonna put 15 on my current TA but i dont drive it two days a month!!! wife's current car has 25%, looks nice (especially with dark interior) and plenty dark for a DD. just something to think about.
**** that... black that **** out

no jk everyone is entitled to opinions, i have 5% all the way around. my old trans am had 5% on the back and 15% on the sides, its all in the quality of the tint. The shop i go to uses 3M professional tint and it is MUCH higher quality than other tints. my friend had his truck tinted the same % at another shop and i can see x10 better at night out the windows than he can.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:15 PM
TECH Regular

Received 53 Likes on 19 Posts

a little tip for backing up at night with dark tint. do NOT turn ANY lights on at all while backing up. any light coming from the front of the vehicle blinds you.

Quick Reply: Window Tint?