Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

What are you guys using for fuel delivery?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 07:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default What are you guys using for fuel delivery?

Haven't done a whole lot lately in the GEN 1 V department recently. What ar you guys using for your setups? Same old boost a pumps? Intanks? Inlines? Externals?... Just wondering if anyone has stepped up and made something "GOOD".... that doesn't fail every other week. CHeap or expensive, doen't matter. Just curious...
Old 09-03-2009, 11:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Sweet. I take it all of you boys are running BAPS and feeding them with straws?

WTF? Not even a vendor can respond?
Old 09-03-2009, 11:34 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bob's using -10 to the motor and -8 back to the tank. Running an Aeromotive Eliminator fuel pump.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:43 AM
Staging Lane

Everything stock, im thinking of dropping a 255wally that should hold me on a 150-175 wet shot you think smoove? i don't even wanna bother spraying on the stock pump if im making basically 430 n/a.

-Vinny
Old 09-03-2009, 12:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by jerrad
Bob's using -10 to the motor and -8 back to the tank. Running an Aeromotive Eliminator fuel pump.
Thanks, pretty much a custom dedicated fuel system,.. 1000+ bucks easy(more like 1500+easy). Anything more plug and play out there? Less expensive,... less elaborate?

Originally Posted by SilV8
Everything stock, im thinking of dropping a 255wally that should hold me on a 150-175 wet shot you think smoove? i don't even wanna bother spraying on the stock pump if im making basically 430 n/a.

-Vinny
What up dawg. I think your right, a 255 would support up to 700rwhp comfortably. Consider a larger injector as well.... maybe a 42pounder. In my experience with fuel issues,... get as much fuel as possible. Figure out, what are you REALLY going to do with the car. Is it going to stay at 500rwhp?.... or do you have higher goals of 800rwhp... or more? If soo.... save your money, buy the system that you'll need, let the car grow into it. Spend the money once, do it right, save money later.

Thats kinda why I posted this,... I
'd like to hear of more options for these cars. The tank,... isn't THAT fun to drop, and the pump module, is funky as hell. Not a big deal,.. but, not everyone can do that or has the means too. I have worked with every type of BAP,... I have had atleast ONE issue with them all at a point. I was under the impression that EPP or someone had a more simple fueling setup, for the average bear. I could be wrong.

Looking for solutions, and to see if anything is new out there.

Let me know if you need any specs/steps to remove your tank or anything man.

-J-
aka ...smoove
Old 09-03-2009, 12:47 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the info Jamie, i heard the tank is a real pain in the *** i can only afford to be stock bottom end and since theres no sensible turbo setup i don't see myself passing 600rwhp which would be a blast on a stock bottom end lol Racetronixs makes a plug and play 255 but its like 400bucks. Is it that difficult to adapt a 80 dollar 255 on the bitch? lol

If you have a gas tank schematic / steps to drop the tank or **** ill have you do it when i recover ive been a broke man! twin disk sitting under the desk for a few weeks now I hope i can get it ready in time for the 1 mile i still need tires and brakes. FML

I think BAP is a retarded band aid to have especially with people making power with a stock fuel pump.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:05 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by jerrad
Yes, and been having some issues with loss of fuel pressure sometimes.
Been talking to Aeromotive tech & there saying I have to go to a -12 feed line & get the pump closer to the tank. Also wanting me to put a cooler in the return line & larger Vent in the tank
I have to drop that F**kin tank again sometime this winter & spend another grand in parts with all the new an-12, fittings & cooler ect.

Last edited by skydiver; 09-03-2009 at 02:15 PM.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:26 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by skydiver
Been talking to Aeromotive tech & there saying I have to go to a -12 feed line & get the pump closer to the tank. Also wanting me to put a cooler in the return line & larger Vent in the tank
I have to drop that F**kin tank again sometime this winter & spend another grand in parts with all the new an-12, fittings & cooler ect.
Well, at least you're doing it right. If you want, my stocker has great FP and I'd be willing to deliver/pick up.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks for the info Jamie, i heard the tank is a real pain in the *** i can only afford to be stock bottom end and since theres no sensible turbo setup i don't see myself passing 600rwhp which would be a blast on a stock bottom end lol Racetronixs makes a plug and play 255 but its like 400bucks. Is it that difficult to adapt a 80 dollar 255 on the bitch? lol

If you have a gas tank schematic / steps to drop the tank or **** ill have you do it when i recover ive been a broke man! twin disk sitting under the desk for a few weeks now I hope i can get it ready in time for the 1 mile i still need tires and brakes. FML

I think BAP is a retarded band aid to have especially with people making power with a stock fuel pump.

Really, racetronix has a kit for these cars? Didn't know that. Was wondering something like that, as opposed to just build your own walboro setup. My racetronix vette setup had a hotwire plug and play kit. Seemed to work well. Stopped keeping up with my setup around 5500rpms,.. over 7xx. So 600 will be fine with that. You could do an inline pump as well, an inline 255 would work. Kinda how some of the procharger and magnacharger kits used to be or are currently.

Let me know whenever you need something man,..we'll get you pointed in the right direction.

Originally Posted by skydiver

Well that sucks. Doing a -12 feed and -8 return on my vette with a magnafuel pro series 750 fuel pump. Magnafuel regulator, bosch 160 pound injectors, acceleronics versafueler. I was originally gonna go with an aeromotive but, didn't like the supply rating and had heard just a couple of stories like yours. Some guys locally done well with the magnafuel, making big power, for long periods of time. Plus, they do have a good warranty setup. Check it out.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:39 PM
On The Tree

Im running a $6k completely custom fuel system with a Magnafuel 750 pump, a really nice custom fuel cell with sump located in the spare wheel well, all stainless braided hoses w/AN fittings,and billet fuel rails. I know im forgetting alot of things.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by NEED MO POWA!
Im running a $6k completely custom fuel system with a Magnafuel 750 pump, a really nice custom fuel cell with sump located in the spare wheel well, all stainless braided hoses w/AN fittings,and billet fuel rails. I know im forgetting alot of things.
6grand for labor included maybe.. .otherwise,... thats pretty pricey
Old 09-03-2009, 11:35 PM
10 Second Club

J.

I did two of the Racetronix kits. Not bad at all, total plug-n-play.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:31 AM
Staging Lane

True, Jamie what do you think about going e85 i wonder if a 255 and inline will be enough or 2 255s would be required i know it would only be about 10-15hp on motor but i would look foward for the torque #s and on bottle it would be pretty **** some timing with a 150 making the power of a 175shot basically?
Old 09-04-2009, 10:31 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
6grand for labor included maybe.. .otherwise,... thats pretty pricey
That was everything out the door including labor and tuning, really the fuel cell absorbed alot of the cost becuse they litterally made it from sheets of aluminium, turned out real nice thought. It fits really nice in the sparer wheel well. Ill try to get some pics of it later.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 2c5s
J.

I did two of the Racetronix kits. Not bad at all, total plug-n-play.
Nice, thanks dawg. In tank? I'm gonna shoot to there site in a minute and see if they advertise something. Thanks C-money

True, Jamie what do you think about going e85 i wonder if a 255 and inline will be enough or 2 255s would be required i know it would only be about 10-15hp on motor but i would look foward for the torque #s and on bottle it would be pretty **** some timing with a 150 making the power of a 175shot basically?
One would not be enough. E85, as you mentioned wouldn't net tons of power NA as you mentioned but, maybe on the juice you'd be able to run more timing I guess(asu mentioned).

The simple addition of another pump alone I don't think would be enough but, I have not experienced enough with e85 to know for sure. You'd also need a larger feed line, as well as much larger injectors,.. i'd say 60-80pounders on a NA setup running e85. The reason why my fuel system is soo large now, is because I have full intentions on running E85 myself. You need a 700hp gas system to handle a 500rwhp e85... you need a 900hp gas system to handle a 700hp e85 setup... I think is a general relative rule of thumb.

Maybe look into a couple of the Bosch 044 fuel pumps... you'd still need to make your own lines but,... I believe you'd have to for that kind of supply.

Originally Posted by NEED MO POWA!
That was everything out the door including labor and tuning, really the fuel cell absorbed alot of the cost becuse they litterally made it from sheets of aluminium, turned out real nice thought. It fits really nice in the sparer wheel well. Ill try to get some pics of it later.
Sounds crazy man.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

-Vinny
Spraying 125 on the stock pump making about 380-400whp NA depending on the dyno. No problems yet!
Old 09-04-2009, 10:59 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Nice, thanks dawg. In tank? I'm gonna shoot to there site in a minute and see if they advertise something. Thanks C-money

Yes, in tank.

Take it easy playa
Old 09-05-2009, 06:12 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SkullV
Spraying 125 on the stock pump making about 380-400whp NA depending on the dyno. No problems yet!
Looking to make 550-600rwhp not worth the risk on a stock pump im making 430rwhp n/a
Old 09-05-2009, 06:23 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SkullV
I would be concerned with going lean at the hit.
Old 09-05-2009, 06:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 2c5s
I would be concerned with going lean at the hit.
Exacty. Look at the majority of dyno graphs when spray hits. Mine, dipped way lean on the hit,.. picked right back up but, regradless, it's brutal for that instant. Standalone(don't think vin diesel) fuel cell and pump for the nitrous alone is the ticket. Run race fuel in the mini tank, a 255, regulator, good to spray whatever you can throw at it, without touching your lines.

Were doing a nitrous outlet fuel setup on this car....

Quick Reply: What are you guys using for fuel delivery?