Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intakes vs hood clearance..

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 07:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Intakes vs hood clearance..

Anyone know if the victor Jr with intake elbow will fit under this hood? Or maybe the Edelbrock Pro-Flow XT (#7139)? I don't feel to good about throwing roughly 15psi at a plastic intake, and i need an intake that will allow use of my 90mm TB. Any ideas?

http://getonitracing.net/forum/Garag...1172014132.jpg
Old 09-02-2009, 09:18 PM
Teching In

if you use the victor jr intake get a low profile elbow. they make sevrl diff sizes.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TurboTSI_1991
if you use the victor jr intake get a low profile elbow. they make sevrl diff sizes.
Truthfully, I got a little ahead of myself last week and bought a Victor JR and had it ported to match my ported 317 heads....and ordered an elbow from intakeelbows.com which should be here in a week.

I'm really just fearing that it's going to be too tall, based on what I've seen on some other cars here now that I've taken the time to look. It's just really difficult to tell through pictures....and the hoods on the other cars that I've seen are different (possibly taller) than mine.

If I have to buy a different intake, no biggie. I'm just hoping that I'll be able to use what I have. Worst case, I'm hoping that someone here can tell me what WILL work for sure.