What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2001 SOM WS6 6 speed

Old 09-02-2009, 08:46 PM
-Q-
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 2001 SOM WS6 6 speed

Like the title says, I'm looking at purchasing an '01 WS6 6 speed with 80,000 miles. It's SOM exterior and ebony interior. No TCS, no CD changer. I haven't seen the car yet, but from everything I've heard it is immaculate and meticulously kept. Bone stock except for a K&N air filter. Has new tires and a new battery. All scheduled service performed, and all records/receipts have been kept. No accidents or issues whatsoever.

What should I pay?
Old 09-03-2009, 03:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

I imagine Alaskan F-bodies in decent shape are hard to come by but you still are in a buyer's market no matter what state. Do your homework first and make sure the car was not abused. The miles are certainly not low. Documented maintenance you say? Make sure! Really important for any car. Hopefully the car was in a garage too. I could not imagine leaving it outside during an Alaskan winter. SOM is very desirable to many and if the car is in very good condition I would not hesitate to pay a full 'private party' value price. Around here that would be around $10,000 but you will need to probably pay more up there. So many issues involved so be smart and don't overpay if it needs things. Most 80k mileage cars do.

Search this Thread