Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

85 Buick Regal 5.3/6.0 swap cam question

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 08:50 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 85 Buick Regal 5.3/6.0 swap cam question

Im going to soon be putting either a 5.3 or 6.0(whichever i find the cheapest) into my 85 Regal. It will be carbed using Edelbrocks intake, msd 6010, and most like a holley 750 carb. Ill be running a th350 behind it and would like suggestions as to what cam, convertor, and rear gear you guys recommend. This car will see daily driver use as well as weekend warrior status and id like to be able to run the 1/8th mile in the mid 7's if possible.

Thanks, Keith
Old 09-03-2009, 04:13 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 6secondwannabe
Im going to soon be putting either a 5.3 or 6.0(whichever i find the cheapest) into my 85 Regal. It will be carbed using Edelbrocks intake, msd 6010, and most like a holley 750 carb. Ill be running a th350 behind it and would like suggestions as to what cam, convertor, and rear gear you guys recommend. This car will see daily driver use as well as weekend warrior status and id like to be able to run the 1/8th mile in the mid 7's if possible.

Thanks, Keith
Check out and search for a thread by * billyflantos *.
The thread is titled *6.90's in a junkyard 6.0 *. He was/is running almost exactly the setup you are describing in a Buick Regal. Finally wound up going 6.70's I believe!!! If you can't find it, shoot him a PM. I'm pretty sure he'll answer you. Ron
Old 09-04-2009, 08:10 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rojs234
Check out and search for a thread by * billyflantos *.
The thread is titled *6.90's in a junkyard 6.0 *. He was/is running almost exactly the setup you are describing in a Buick Regal. Finally wound up going 6.70's I believe!!! If you can't find it, shoot him a PM. I'm pretty sure he'll answer you. Ron

Thanks Ron...i found the thread and subscribed to it for future referrence....reading what he did has given me new found hope that i can get this pig into the low 7's LOL

Quick Reply: 85 Buick Regal 5.3/6.0 swap cam question