Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some help with motor problems (Intake Runner size, ring gap, etc)

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 10:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help with motor problems (Intake Runner size, ring gap, etc)

It's gettin' cold...So the motor is coming out again! I was pretty disappointed this season so I'm going to change my setup and I need some opinions and thoughts.
The current setup is an LS1 block, stock crank, Diamond pistons (flat-top -2 cc with .020 top and .016 bottom rings for a 200 shot of N2O), H-beam rods, stock stroke, stock bore, .040" head gaskets, stock rockers/lifters, Chromemoly push-rods (stock 7.4" length), TSP MS4 cam (111LSA) with PRC dual-springs and titanium retainers, LS6 manifold with stock 75mm throttle body, 255l pump, 42# injectors, LS6 heads polished with a 59cc combustion chamber. My best time on this setup was an 11.8 with a DA of 7000 feet. I have a crap load of blow by which I narrowed down to worn valve guides (15k miles on the heads with the stock rockers and MS4 = death to valve guides) Only made 396hp on the dyno

Oh and also...Spraying the 100 speeds the car up while spraying a 200 slows it down. Imagine that. I'm totally stumped on that one! Tried messing with the jets, put on a dedicated fuel system, replaced the TNT solenoids with larger NOS ones, used 1 nozzle instead of 2 and still nothing. Help!

I'm really planning on getting some roller rockers to keep the valve guides from wearing, taking the heads to a 215cc intake runner, buying a FAST 92/92 setup and pairing those with a 100mm MAF. I'm hoping this will correct my sluggish times and low dyno numbers but...

Why else am I not making power?!

Do I need different length push-rods since I cut the heads?
Should a go to 4.0 bore instead of the stock 3.905 I have?
Ring gap issues?
Would a 1.8 rocker ratio put me over the edge with a .700+ calculated lift?
How about a 225cc runner?
Can it all be blamed on not enough flow due to stock TB, intake and the blow-by from the valve guides?

ANY thoughts, suggestions would be helpful!!! Thanks in advance
Old 09-04-2009, 07:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tttttt bump