Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

FedEx swallows...

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 03:58 PM
-T-
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FedEx swallows...

I ordered a Porter Cable 7424 and paid 18.00 for 3-5day ground shipment via FedEx. Driver attempted delivery at 1:30 and 2:45 yesterday and today and left door tags both times. Last night i called cust. service and they lady told me there was nothing she could do. If i am not available in the middle of the day, i will have to wait until the 3rd and final attempt before i can pick the package up at the station. Station has an unlisted number by the way. Today same thing, called customer service and the guy told me i should CHANGE MY SCHEDULE around if i want to receive my package. Other than that there was nothing he could do. He said i am getting what i paid for. 3-5 day home delivery. Shipped on Aug 31st and i wont be able to get it until Sept. 8th at the earliest. What kind of bs company are they? Im down with brown for now on. Screw FedEx.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Appearance and Detailing?
Old 09-04-2009, 04:20 PM
-T-
TECH Enthusiast

Thats what my porter cable 7424 is for. Ive been waiting to detail the hell out of my car.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Weird. I had fedex attempt to deliver when I was at work so I called and said hey can I just pick it up and they said sure come on over. So I dropped by and picked up my package.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

^^ i'v done that & i've left notes on the door to leave it with a next door neighbor who will be home. i do it all the time at the apartment complex i live in
Old 09-04-2009, 08:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

UPS for the WIN!
Old 09-04-2009, 09:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What a crock of ****!!

1. Are you serving them, or are they serving you? Remind those m'fers you PAID for their service.

2. Raise hell about what you paid, and what you got.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:13 PM
TECH Resident

I have had them leave a note the first day and i signed it and left it on the door and the next day he dropped off the package bc i signed the note.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Exclamation

Originally Posted by firehawk#682
I have had them leave a note the first day and i signed it and left it on the door and the next day he dropped off the package bc i signed the note.
Ditto, you could not do that?

Since I have a fedex account; Most likely, its likely not Fedex, its the sender that requested a signature covering their but, normally they would just leave it by the door if the sender would have not requested a direct signature. Fedex is just doing what they were told, sorry to tell you.
Old 09-05-2009, 12:13 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by firehawk#682
x3....
Old 09-05-2009, 02:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by MESS
UPS for the WIN!
if you go to lounge someone lost a WHOLE engine from UPS - yeah ups for the win. . . . .I'd rather deal with fed ex bullshit shipping times then have ups LOSE a motor.
Old 09-05-2009, 07:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My b/f is a manager for FedEx . It sounds like you are dealing with FedEx Ground. Is it? If it's regular FedEx all you have to do is request it to be left at the station and you can come pick it up. Most people arent aware that FedEx and FedEx Ground are two different companies in a way. Their stations are entirely seperate and run entirely differently. FedEx couriers are FedEx employees but FedEx Ground are not employees but contractors who own their own trucks. Their tracking stinks unlike FedEx who scans the pkg everytime it moves from plane, to truck then to station, sort, then truck for delivery.
Old 09-05-2009, 09:19 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 328 Likes on 246 Posts

i heard fed-ex and UPS are merging to form Fed-Up which is what i am with both of them

they have lost numerous packages for me in the past as well as a screw up with a company that went under that left a returned transmission at there dock and fed ex tried to get me to pay for it!
Old 09-05-2009, 10:59 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by blackbyrd
i heard fed-ex and UPS are merging to form Fed-Up which is what i am with both of them

they have lost numerous packages for me in the past as well as a screw up with a company that went under that left a returned transmission at there dock and fed ex tried to get me to pay for it!
Lmao, FED-UP is awsome. Last week when I got my wheels I had to wait the weekend becuase someone thought the boxes were too heavy. Wheels were shipped in two boxes at 55lbs a peice. I was suppose to get my Strano's and wheels at the same time. Tracking said the wheels were on the truck for deliviary but then later said no attempt made, even though they dropped off the springs. How is that for lazy? Wouldn't let me pick them up at the terminal either. I've went to UPS at 11pm and picked up **** that I needed to sign for. I didn't even have to sign for the wheels, they just didn't want to pick the boxes up on a Friday. Last time I use Fed-Ex.
Old 09-05-2009, 05:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Been there, done that. I hate Fed Ex. Plus, my UPS guy is a car guy with a chevelle LS1 convert. He was about shaking when he delivered the Procharger kit a couple years ago and I opened the garage door. He was here for like 10 minutes chatting. lol
Old 09-05-2009, 09:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Flamin' bird
My b/f is a manager for FedEx . It sounds like you are dealing with FedEx Ground. Is it? If it's regular FedEx all you have to do is request it to be left at the station and you can come pick it up. Most people arent aware that FedEx and FedEx Ground are two different companies in a way. Their stations are entirely seperate and run entirely differently. FedEx couriers are FedEx employees but FedEx Ground are not employees but contractors who own their own trucks. Their tracking stinks unlike FedEx who scans the pkg everytime it moves from plane, to truck then to station, sort, then truck for delivery.
Wow, that is shitty ... I didn't know FedEx Ground was operated separately. Learn something new everyday ....
Old 09-05-2009, 10:17 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Flamin' bird
Im sorry but this is wrong.

I work for UPS and even know this is not the case. The two are simply different methods of delivery. Ground does not ship air. Air does not ship ground. Its simple really.
Old 09-05-2009, 10:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it only in certain areas that they make you sign for **** or even be there?? Cuz both have left items at my house without anyone even being here. Last i can think of was my rear pro-star's left next to the porch. Of course thats ok with me...as long as its still there when i get home
Old 09-05-2009, 10:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by -T-
I ordered a Porter Cable 7424 and paid 18.00 for 3-5day ground shipment via FedEx. Driver attempted delivery at 1:30 and 2:45 yesterday and today and left door tags both times. Last night i called cust. service and they lady told me there was nothing she could do. If i am not available in the middle of the day, i will have to wait until the 3rd and final attempt before i can pick the package up at the station. Station has an unlisted number by the way. Today same thing, called customer service and the guy told me i should CHANGE MY SCHEDULE around if i want to receive my package. Other than that there was nothing he could do. He said i am getting what i paid for. 3-5 day home delivery. Shipped on Aug 31st and i wont be able to get it until Sept. 8th at the earliest. What kind of bs company are they? Im down with brown for now on. Screw FedEx.
Why didn't you just sign the door tag stating that the package could be left at the door? That is the reason the door tag has a signature line on it...
Old 09-05-2009, 10:51 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by litemup02
Is it only in certain areas that they make you sign for **** or even be there?? Cuz both have left items at my house without anyone even being here. Last i can think of was my rear pro-star's left next to the porch. Of course thats ok with me...as long as its still there when i get home
Spot on. It is up to the driver's discretion to leave it at the door. If he or she feels it is a shady area, they will leave a tag. If not, then at your door it will be.

Quick Reply: FedEx swallows...