Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ory question

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 08:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ory question

i have a 2000 camaro ss with borla ehaust opened up all the way and it is just not loud enough, i was thinking of putting a ory pipe to the stock manifolds, i would do the whole header thing but these cars are a pita to install and pretty pricey too. if i did something like this would you need to get it tuned just for something like this. also would it make it louder. and what is a good brand to get that bolts up good. thanks for the help.
Old 09-05-2009, 07:19 AM
Staging Lane

if you want it loud headers are a must and they are really not that hard if you have some help.
remember you get what you pay for with headers as far as fit and finish.
pacesetters < arh or kooks

you dont have to get tuned, but you will have a ses light that can be turned off by a tuner.
Old 09-05-2009, 07:26 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by camaross00black
i have a 2000 camaro ss with borla ehaust opened up all the way and it is just not loud enough, i was thinking of putting a ory pipe to the stock manifolds, i would do the whole header thing but these cars are a pita to install and pretty pricey too. if i did something like this would you need to get it tuned just for something like this. also would it make it louder. and what is a good brand to get that bolts up good. thanks for the help.
if you want to do an offroad y with the stock manifolds (why i dont know) then bassani makes them
Old 09-05-2009, 07:57 AM
Staging Lane

if you dont get it tuned will it make it not run as good, hard on the motor with no tune.
Old 09-05-2009, 07:58 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As mentioned headers really aren't that hard. The hardest part is just getting the car jacked up high enough to angle them up from the bottom. Or if you have access to a lift then it's really easy IMO. As for brand I ran pacesetters for years with no problems. Sure they're not stainless but then again you're not going to be driving through rainstorms every day either...a little bit of surface rust down near the collectors is all I ever saw.
Old 09-05-2009, 08:50 AM
TECH Junkie

i had the bassani and the fit was horrible. clearances with the frame were too small and caused banging, the shop needed to cut one side to shorten it so it didn't hang TOO low.

sound was great, didn't notice any gain in power.

when i did my LT headers.....alone, first ever header install, and in my driveway with jackstands.....it took me 10hrs.

really not that hard
Old 09-05-2009, 08:59 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by camaross00black
if you dont get it tuned will it make it not run as good, hard on the motor with no tune.
It wont hurt your motor you will simply run a little rich is all.