Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

crazy idea LSx into 60-70s Toyota?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 12:13 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crazy idea LSx into 60-70s Toyota?

Ok I'm always running different swaps through me head and one of these days when I get the money maybe ill actually get to do one. Until then I guess ill just mull over crazy ideas. I kinda have a thing for the old Japanese cars. late 60s early 70 celicas, corollas, mazdas, nissans whatever. Ive been thinking how fun it would be to have one with a LSx in it. They're so small and light the thing would just rip. I look at the pics and those engine bays look pretty small, im not sure the V8 would fit. Anybody ever hear of anyone swapping on into an old toyota or other older rear drive japanese car? I thought I saw a celica with a 1st gen small block a while back. Im sure its possible, but how much of a pain would it be.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:28 AM
On The Tree

My 1971 Corolla had a small engine bay and the damn frame was flimsy as hell. We used to joke it was made out of old Wrigley's Spearment Gum wrapers. I would hate to have seen what a LS motor would have done with it...
I think some Datsun 510 swaps are around if you search for them...
Old 09-06-2009, 10:22 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

RX7's and the Datsun Z cars swaps are so popular there is good aftermarket support and kits. 510's have been done but not as regularly as the others.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:59 PM
Staging Lane

I dont know I kinda prefer the boxy cars. Im not really concerned about kit availability, I think me and my friend can handle fabbing what we need to get it into the car. I was just kinda wondering about how much butchering it would take to get the motor in. If I did a mazda it would be a rx3. A 510 might be cool.

Really though if I do a project I really think its going the be a 67-69 Plymouth Barracuda Notchback with either a turbo 5.3 or 6.0 in full g-machine/pro touring regalia. It will anger a lot of mopar guys, but it wont matter because ill be faster than all of them and it should be dead reliable with a modern powertrain that didnt cost a kidney and part of my liver to get.

Quick Reply: crazy idea LSx into 60-70s Toyota?