General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

VATS bypass help needed (crank disable relay)

Old 09-05-2009, 12:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VATS bypass help needed (crank disable relay)

My VATS system is failing on my 02 Z28.

I installed the VATS bypass module from bakerelectronix.com. The device is installed correctly because I've cut the VATS wire from the ignition and only have the VATS wire from the module connected to the PCM. The car starts fine most of the time but the VATS is still acting up.

I checked out the FAQ on their website and it says:

Will I need anything else if I am using this to bypass my failing VATS system:
Because this is the complete system (all the other computer modules are still there) your vehicle's VATS may also disable cranking, our module only enables the fuel injectors. You will need to bypass the crank disable relay by rewiring this relay (add a jumper across it) or you can bypass it by using another relay or remote start system to activate the starter solenoid when the ignition key is in the cranking position. Also the security warning light may still come on, the easiest thing to do is just cut the wire that goes from the BCM to this light.

So, does anyone know how to bypass the crack disable relay? I've read I have to jump the purple wires on the BCM. Where is the BCM? What does it look like? Does jump just mean solder these 2 wires together?

Thanks,

Steve

Last edited by Chester77; 09-05-2009 at 12:34 AM.
Old 09-05-2009, 12:55 AM
Staging Lane

i did this to my 99 transam, but i just measured the resistance from the key, and just bought a resistor that was close enough to the resistance of the key. My security light doesnt come on and i haven't had any problems since, this was like 3years ago.

i will pm you some info that help me.
Old 09-05-2009, 09:11 PM

Thanks. I may do that very fix tomorrow if I can't find any information about the BCM.

I need to know how to bypass the starter relay.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: VATS bypass help needed (crank disable relay)