Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

"reduced engine power" = won't start

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 09:31 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "reduced engine power" = won't start

was driving my 07 c6 last night, heads/cam/intake all other boltons. Car is 505rwhp/441lbtq. Me and a Supra started to go at it. I have my car at 80 (because you know those supra guys) and floor it, all of a sudden i lose all power, i get a check engine light my car says "reduced engine power" I pull over to the side of the road and the car wont start. I check all fuses, everything. I had it towed to the dealership by my house. I thought it was a fuel pump, but i did a search and saw this is a throttle body problem or traction control problem. My service guy is really cool. I just towed the car there, because it is also close to my tuner (which is closed today). So if i have to tow it, it wont cost me as much from my house.

Does anyone have a good and clear idea of what this is?? Also what will i have to do, so it doesnt happen again?? I didnt get to check the codes, but if you google the topic thread with corvette in it, alot comes up, but no fixes...

thanx
Old 09-07-2009, 10:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Few different possibilities... throttle body failure? Maf problem? shoulda tried to putting the positive and negative terminals together for about 15 seconds to reset the pcm. Tried to restart then.

Had my 00 have a couple of issues before as well. Just on random startups. No DTC stored either,.. weird. I would just reflash my tune with the predator, and it was fine. This has happend more then once, each time, I pick the car apart visibly,.. no codes, no obvious faults....but, something causes this... typical girl.

See if you have any codes. Curious to what your dude finds. Keep us posted.
Old 09-07-2009, 02:18 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The code is gonna be a 1514. Most likely issue is an airflow error. It needs a tune adjustment to cure it.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:15 PM
On The Tree

Looks like i broke the timing belt...........

big *** forged motor, here i come............looking to make 750rwhp on spray
Old 09-09-2009, 09:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by choopak
Looks like i broke the timing belt...........

big *** forged motor, here i come............looking to make 750rwhp on spray
That's unusual to break a chain??? Have you had the cover off?? I thought I did the same thing last year, when actually I ripped the cam gear right out of the camshaft.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Fastbird93
That's unusual to break a chain??? Have you had the cover off?? I thought I did the same thing last year, when actually I ripped the cam gear right out of the camshaft.
the car is at quality motorsports, these guys do good work. My buddy luke told me its the timing chain, so did the dealer (where i took the car first). as of right now im owrking out the deal for a motor. stay ls2 but forged, or go 402cid forged. I understand you gotta pay to play, but damn im getting hit with some high quotes......

does anyone have info on texas speed performance, all i need is a short block............
Old 09-10-2009, 05:44 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by wrb07sti
(1) the use of sodium silicate solution in the manner the agency has now adopted;

(2) destroying the oil filter sealing land and threaded fastener boss;

(3) drilling a hole in the engine block; and

(4) running the engine without oil.
What?
Old 09-10-2009, 07:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by choopak
the car is at quality motorsports, these guys do good work. My buddy luke told me its the timing chain, so did the dealer (where i took the car first). as of right now im owrking out the deal for a motor. stay ls2 but forged, or go 402cid forged. I understand you gotta pay to play, but damn im getting hit with some high quotes......

does anyone have info on texas speed performance, all i need is a short block............
Got a 377 LS3 forged short in my car from TSP. Delivered spot on to when I got told, running like a champ currently.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:19 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Fastbird93
Got a 377 LS3 forged short in my car from TSP. Delivered spot on to when I got told, running like a champ currently.
yeah i was gonna use them, but i got faith in quality motorsports. Its not just a 402, its gonna be a 402 with the best parts. New heavy duty clutch, dedicated fuel system, fixing the valves in my AFR's. Labor and Tuning.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:17 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

Patrick and Luke are some good guy's.. They do not cut corners! They have a guy right now with a 2000 FRC running an HKE 402 that is wicked fast! Get ready to dig deeeeep into those pockets though!

So i guess the Supra won huh?
Old 09-14-2009, 08:20 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

Who did the H/C/I? Who tuned the car "initially"?

Quick Reply: "reduced engine power" = won't start