Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

My Tick adjustible master wont adjust anymore

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 03:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unhappy My Tick adjustible master wont adjust anymore

I have the Tick master cylinder in my car. When i go to spin the rod to adjust it it wont adjust either up or down. Any ideas how come it does this? Or how i can fix it?

Last edited by xRelapse13; 09-08-2009 at 04:30 PM.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:03 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So you're saying that both sides have stripped the threads?

With the rod end secured to the pedal you may have to hold the gold threaded rod coming directly from the master with your fingers while turning the aluminum part.

If the aluminum rod has become damaged for whatever the reason we'd be happy to send you another one...but it would be best to email or call before creating a thread.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jonathan@Tick
but it would be best to email or call before creating a thread.
I see sponsors saying this all the time...Why would it be best to email or call before starting a thread? Maybe best for the sponsor...I see a lot of threads started because customers have to leave messages and don't get call backs. But as soon as a threads started, sponsors seem to give immediate attention. In no way am I saying that's the case here but I see nothing wrong with a customer coming to a public forum explaining an issue he has. It's definately a good way to get immediate attention to the issue, if not from the sponsor, definately from some very knowledgable members.

Last edited by Martin HD-28; 09-08-2009 at 02:23 PM. Reason: deletion
Old 09-08-2009, 03:53 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Martin HD-28
I see sponsors saying this all the time...Why would it be best to email or call before starting a thread? Maybe best for the sponsor...I see a lot of threads started because customers have to leave messages and don't get call backs. But as soon as a threads started, sponsors seem to give immediate attention. In no way am I saying that's the case here but I see nothing wrong with a customer coming to a public forum explaining an issue he has. It's definately a good way to get immediate attention to the issue, if not from the sponsor, definately from some very knowledgable members.
There was no question asked in the original post, just a post to bring negative attention to our master. People pay far more attention to negative posts about sponsors that they do the positive ones, just take a look in the sponsor feedback section and see how many views the negative threads have.

I answer my emails at the beginning and end of every day. On days we're closed, the answering machine will record a message.

If there is a problem with the rod we'll replace it,
Old 09-08-2009, 04:28 PM
TECH Resident

Jonathan, I didn't mean to bring any negative attention to your product, I love the master cyl. I merely posted up here first to see if anyone had any similar problems or if i can get some advice before i had to call. If it came out looking negative, Its cause i posted it kind of in a hurry before going to class. When i get a chance, i'll try holding the golden part while spinning the adjustment rod. i dont think it would have stripped since i haven't adjusted it really that much.

If i have air in the clutch hydraulics would that cause it to not let me adjust it?
Old 09-08-2009, 08:35 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by xRelapse13
Jonathan, I didn't mean to bring any negative attention to your product, I love the master cyl. I merely posted up here first to see if anyone had any similar problems or if i can get some advice before i had to call. If it came out looking negative, Its cause i posted it kind of in a hurry before going to class. When i get a chance, i'll try holding the golden part while spinning the adjustment rod. i dont think it would have stripped since i haven't adjusted it really that much.

If i have air in the clutch hydraulics would that cause it to not let me adjust it?
No problem man, I got more irritated at the other post than yours lol.

As long as your jam nuts are both loose, and the heim joint is hooked to the pedal it should adjust with no problems if the long aluminum part is spinning. Even if the gold rod coming out of the master spins, it should still adjust from the heim joint side...however you want it to adjust from both sides equally.

Air won't have an effect at all on the pedals actual adjustment.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:41 PM
TECH Resident

i'll check all that end of this week since my car is at home right now since alternator died.
Thanks for the help, I'll update after i check it out.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:41 PM
TECH Resident

i'll check all that end of this week since my car is at home right now since alternator died.
Thanks for the help, I'll update after i check it out.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jonathan@Tick
No problem man, I got more irritated at the other post than yours lol.
No reason to get irritated. I was only trying to understand why I see sponsors saying to call instead of starting threads, the reason you gave made absolute sense. I never thought of it like that. I apologize for the irritation.