General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

TCS problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 06:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TCS problems

Ok i have a 97 trans am and the other morning when i started up my car i got a dash light that said TCS off and ABS INOP...thinking it was just a screw up i shut done the car and restarted it...it went away but teh while driving the car was activating the tcs pushing the pedal back at me to slow the car down...i turned tcs off and it was still going on. Confused as hell i tried to turn tcs back on but it now wont turn back on once it has been turned off all the while the pedal is fighting me...i had a buddy it could be a bad vss sensor. Has anyone else had this problem. I dont have alot of money right now so i cant just be going out buying parts till i find out what it is.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:38 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 97 Trans Am ws6
Ok i have a 97 trans am and the other morning when i started up my car i got a dash light that said TCS off and ABS INOP...thinking it was just a screw up i shut done the car and restarted it...it went away but teh while driving the car was activating the tcs pushing the pedal back at me to slow the car down...i turned tcs off and it was still going on. Confused as hell i tried to turn tcs back on but it now wont turn back on once it has been turned off all the while the pedal is fighting me...i had a buddy it could be a bad vss sensor. Has anyone else had this problem. I dont have alot of money right now so i cant just be going out buying parts till i find out what it is.
Maybe just pull the fuse/relay for it and disable it.

Old 09-07-2009, 09:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Your buddy could be right.

Might also be a wheel speed sensor causing the confusion. They aren't as expensive as it sounds.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eseibel67
Your buddy could be right.

Might also be a wheel speed sensor causing the confusion. They aren't as expensive as it sounds.
is there a way to tell what it is before i buy parts...like could a code reader read it?
and whats wheel speed sensors go for?
Old 09-08-2009, 06:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A good code reader should have this info stored.