Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

One solinoid not working/using just 1?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2003, 02:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question One solinoid not working/using just 1?

I got the 5177 kit all wired and hooked up today. The solinods were clicking when activated, every thing sounded, looked ok. So I hook the n20 line up and turn the bottle on. Purge it, purge works fine, try adn fire the system and it clicks but nothing comes out. so I pull the solinoids off the brackets and take off the fittings that hold them to gether to trouble shoot.
Turns out that the solinoid that gets the N20 first is open when its not suposed to be and then closes it slef when the other one opens ( when there both suposd to be open) . So I take that solinoid off and hook it up with the one good solinoid. It works this way but doesnt really seem to be hitting that hard. I am running the kit with no jets.

My questions is how do I fix the bad solinod from working backwards, and why are there two solinoids in the first place?

, Justin
Old 11-28-2003, 04:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Old 11-28-2003, 04:42 PM
            TECH Fanatic

Any idea on how to fix the other noid?
            Old 11-28-2003, 04:50 PM
            SSU Moderator

do you have a heater? with the bottle pressure around 800...you wont get a full 135rwhp out of the no jet thing...although at 1200psi...its more than 135rw.

one sol is fine in the mean time. they do not use two because they are weak in FLOW, they use two with one acting as a 'window' sol. you see this a lot with systems using a progressive controller. with two (from what I heard) it slows the wear and tear from them turning on and off. I have no idea how that works...so i could be wrong. just what I heard.
            Old 11-28-2003, 04:54 PM
            TECH Fanatic

How would 2 noids flow more? The nitrous has to flow through the first one to get to the seconed one, so wont it only flow as much as the first solinoid will allow? I have it hooked up with just the one now and it works but it doesnt feel like 100 hp to me? My clutch has seen better days and slips realy bad when it gets hot. Could it be my clutch or am I not getting the power because of only using one noid?

,Justin
            Old 11-28-2003, 05:01 PM
            TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RyanJ
            do you have a heater? with the bottle pressure around 800...you wont get a full 135rwhp out of the no jet thing...although at 1200psi...its more than 135rw.

one sol is fine in the mean time. they do not use two because they are weak in FLOW, they use two with one acting as a 'window' sol. you see this a lot with systems using a progressive controller. with two (from what I heard) it slows the wear and tear from them turning on and off. I have no idea how that works...so i could be wrong. just what I heard.

I have a heater but it wasnt hooked up at the time, the pressure was only around 800psi I think. mabye thats why. But with the 100 jets in you couldnt feel much at all?

I have the heater hooked up now and ill try it will more pressure.

And about running with no jet, a guy I know with a 2000 TA ( same injectors as mine I think ) dynoed with no jets and only made 75WRHP. But this was with out a heater. He also had his A/F checked and it was fine. Since then has has been running a heater with no problems?

I guess it might be a good idea to put the 100 jets back in for now.

Last edited by 99TranTrany; 11-28-2003 at 05:36 PM.
            Old 11-28-2003, 08:37 PM
            SSU Moderator

any kit will make more hp with higher bottle pressure. Id put the jets in with the heater on.
            Old 11-29-2003, 03:15 AM
            TECH Fanatic

Also motor purge your system while burnout (above 3000). activate NOS just for 1 second or so. that's all you need, that will clear the lines of air and you'll get a better kick out of dry this way.
            The first time I shot 100 (Long ago) I thought the same, "Is this what 100hp feels like ", but then I was advised to purge in motor and there was the "KICK" I was waiting for.

BTW we use this technique if you do not have a purge kit.